What a complete oversight !!!!!

itsmygame
itsmygame Posts: 277
edited July 2011 in The Crudcatcher
right .......

Helmet to protect my head ...... Check
Knee pads to protect my knees ....... Check
Glasses to protect my eyes ....... Check

Dust mask to protect my lips from wasp sting ...... NOT CHECK !!!!

Hence I looked like the elephant man when I rocked up for work last night

DOH !!!!
RockHopper Expert ---- (the bike not me)

Comments

• Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Yeah yeah admit it

article-1036375-0200837700000578-990_468x642.jpg

You're Lesley Ash aren't you?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • could be pete burns

_42553983_pete_burns_getty_203long.jpg
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    You wear a dust mask to ride? Isn't that a bit restrictive.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Gazlar
    Each to their own I say! I wear a full face helmet when I'm drilling!
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Gazlar wrote:
    Each to their own I say! I wear a full face helmet when I'm drilling!

is that how MissD likes it?!
  • Gazlar
    I wouldn't know about a MissD, however I'm sure anyone would be impressed by a helmeted up Gazlar drilling to full capacity
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kaise
    small bit, large drill??
  • Gazlar
    Large bore, best used at a low speed, otherwise you get left with a splintered hole, it's best work is where a smaller drill has made a pilot hole then This does the job properly
    not the most accurate with hammer action mind ;)
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kaise
    thats why i stick with a reamer, precision a smooth action. Satisfaction assured.

:D
  • Gazlar
    kaiser83 wrote:
    thats why i stick with a reamer, precision a smooth action. Satisfaction assured.

MissK told me you used a bradawl, thin and pointy to bodge with but works best by hand, or in conjunction with another tool
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Kaise
    Gazlar wrote:
    kaiser83 wrote:

MissK told me you used a bradawl, thin and pointy to bodge with but works best by hand, or in conjunction with another tool

i snapped my bradawl on a recent trip to Rhyl so i just use the wooden handle to plug the egress hole while reaming the blind hole, ever so tight tolerances these days, some times i fear it is interference fit!

I'll be investing in a stop/go gauge in the near future
  • Gazlar
    I'd offer to pop over this evening and help out, but as I'll be over yours most the afternoon drilling while your out, it seems pointless popping over later to thumb putty into the hole. If you find your little rawlplug too small either plug it out with matches or find a brown one to do the job, they're a snugger fit
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Your mrs says you havn't got a good drilling in you.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Kaise
    see theres you problem Gazlar you're still using 12v Dewalt drills and so will be at it all afternoon and not getting the job finished. You need to upgrade to a higher power tool, 18v is the industry standard these days, you know that!

The time taken to do the job isnt the problem, but not finishing is a problem for both the worker and the client!
  • Gazlar
    The drill is fine, just not sure the structure I'm drilling will be sound when I've finished, even if I go at it gently. If the Walls go, the rest will just cave in
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    Rawl plugs ? I prefer to inject my resin instead and wipe away the excess before smearing over the wall to get it off my fingers as licking it off may leave an unpleasant taste
  • Gazlar
    Ryan Jones wrote:
    Rawl plugs ? I prefer to inject my resin instead and wipe away the excess before smearing over the wall to get it off my fingers as licking it off may leave an unpleasant taste

Cowboy :lol:
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp