The leaves are a-turning...

Cressers
Cressers Posts: 1,329
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
...already!

Is it a result of the dry spring or is it a portent of an early autumn and harsh winter to come?

Comments

• Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Cressers, could you post something jolly once in a while. Thanks.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Cressers
    For me the changing of the leaves is a jolly thing. I love the autumn foliage fireworks and the snowy winters of childhood.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    It is jolly and colourful in autumn, but it's only July and I'm in summer mode and wish to remain so as long as possible.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Cressers wrote:
    ...already!

Is it a result of the dry spring or is it a portent of an early autumn and harsh winter to come?
    A dry and warm spring can cause trees to come into leave earlier than usual - as an example the date that oaks trees leaf can vary by around a month from one year to the next. Early leaf in warm, dry spring followed by cooler, wetter summer can cause earlier leaf fall.

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, but there were fallen conkers around our way in the middle of August.
  • garrynolan
    garrynolan Posts: 560
    Feck off - it's still July!!
    Visit Ireland - all of it! Cycle in Dublin and know fear!!
    exercise.png
  • Oh please don't depress me, I am still stuck off the bike with a chest infection.
    3 weeks off the bike and counting, at this rate Summer will be gone :(
    Summer - Dolan Tuono with Sram Force and Dura-Ace 7850 CL Carbon wheels
    Winter - old faithful Ribble winter bike
    SugarSync cloud storage referral link (better than DropBox atm imho) https://www.sugarsync.com/referral?rf=mzo2tcrhm5gn
  • bobtbuilder
    bobtbuilder Posts: 1,537
    Aggieboy wrote:
    Cressers, could you post something jolly once in a while. Thanks.

He is one of the four cyclists of the apocalypse. :lol:
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Please no talk of fall weather already. That means winter is only a few months away, and I hate winters here. It gets very boring seeing a half metre of snow everyday, and having trouble walking anywhere.

Please don't remind me again, i'm just getting into the swing of summer.
  • Cressers
    "He is one of the four cyclists of the apocalypse."

That made me smile. Smiling hurts.