Drinking on a school night

mudcow007
mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
its neither big nor clever

my head hurts, i nearly puked on my way in this morning

i feel like im close to death to be honest.....

help me jebus!

it was fun last night though :)
Keeping it classy since '83

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I remember cycling in one winter day with a mother of all hangovers - freezing fecking cold, ice on the roads and the bridleway (old route) was covered.

Best cure I've ever tried - I stopped half way down and sat on a fence for a bit just enjoying the view

Not normally recommended though, I have to say
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,336
    I recommend front suspension for hungover commuting. I find skinny road tyres are too harsh and every little vibration is amplified 10 fold by the time it gets to my head.
    Glad you had a good night.
  • phy2sll2
    phy2sll2 Posts: 680
    Nothing like a fast run in to clear your head, although I'm not a fan of the spots that develop in my vision when I'm going up a hill after a heavy night out!
  • sketchley
    sketchley Posts: 4,238
    mudcow007 wrote:

help me jebus!

MTFU :D
    --
    Chris

Genesis Equilibrium - FCN 3/4/5
  • jimmcdonnell
    jimmcdonnell Posts: 328
    <checks calendar and term dates>

What's a 'school night'? No such thing until September!

<opens breakfast bottle of vino collapso>

Cheers!
    Litespeed Tuscany, Hope/Open Pro, Ultegra, pulling an Extrawheel trailer, often as not.

FCR 4 (I think?)
    Twitter: @jimjmcdonnell
  • CRAIGO5000
    CRAIGO5000 Posts: 697
    It's not bad until you've actually spewed while riding on the side of the road like I did some years back.

Never again... :oops:
    Ribble Stealth/SRAM Force
    2007 Specialized Allez (Double) FCN - 3
  • mudcow007
    well after a bacon an egg sarny with loads of brown sauce im right as rain

it was only suppose to be a quiet night, started at 13:00 i didnt get home til about 02:30 by that time i was completely cider-ised

thanks guys
  • Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474
    mudcow007 wrote:
    well after a bacon an egg sarny with loads of brown sauce im right as rain

it was only suppose to be a quiet night, started at 13:00 i didnt get home til about 02:30 by that time i was completely cider-ised

thanks guys

I demolished 3 litres of premium vintage organic cider (7.3%) last night , the bag in the box made a nice pillow too. slept through the alarm this morning but thankfully only by 10 minutes. the ride in cleared my head nicely. bit tired now tho
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    Night/afternoons with no plans are often the best times and the next days are the worst.

Drinking on a school night is great.. the next day can hurt
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • veronese68
    The great thing about drinking on a school night is you don't waste any of the weekend with a hangover.
  • anton1r
    anton1r Posts: 272
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The great thing about drinking on a school night is you don't waste any of the weekend with a hangover.

^ This. so true, might as well waste a day on someone elses dime! :)
    "I have a plan, a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox." (from the Blackadder TV series)
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    In the aero industry they are starting to roll out a screen based co-ordination test to be completed at the start of each shift.

Each worker will have a performance band assigned to him for the test, score too badly and someone will have a chat with you to make sure you're not carrying a pint from the previous evening or toting a major hangover. Score too well then someone will have a chat to make sure that you took the test yourself.

Hopefully it will stop a few spanners being left in jet engines.......

........not being sanctimonious here BTW. I've shouldered a few screamers through a workday before now.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Breakfast beers its the future
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Bacon, sausage,eggs, black pudding and brown sauce - God's answer to the hangover
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Guilty as charged and had to do 10 miles the following morning after 6, I think, pints of cider. The riding wasn't a problem, it was the short, sharp hill that nearly saw cornflakes at the roadside :oops:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Drysuitdiver
    Drysuitdiver Posts: 474
    SimonAH wrote:
    In the aero industry they are starting to roll out a screen based co-ordination test to be completed at the start of each shift.

Each worker will have a performance band assigned to him for the test, score too badly and someone will have a chat with you to make sure you're not carrying a pint from the previous evening or toting a major hangover. Score too well then someone will have a chat to make sure that you took the test yourself.

Hopefully it will stop a few spanners being left in jet engines.......

........not being sanctimonious here BTW. I've shouldered a few screamers through a workday before now.

its the random drink/drug testing in construction that scares me into not doing too many school night drinkies. go over driving limit and its bye bye job.
    Veni Vidi cyclo I came I saw I cycled
    exercise.png
  • veronese68
    Fortunately in that respect, I sit behind a desk and deal with trade customer by phone, fax and email. I don't have to talk to the public and I can do my job blindfolded. I am very lcky in some ways, but I would often much rather do something more challenging.
  • mudcow007
    ahh im safe in that respect im a keyboard jockey (IT manager) so the only think i would mess up with my school night drinking is someone wont be able to play solitaire
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    itboffin wrote:
    Breakfast beers its the future

Look for it in the cereal aisle
  • veronese68
    mudcow007 wrote:
    ahh im safe in that respect im a keyboard jockey (IT manager) so the only think i would mess up with my school night drinking is someone wont be able to play solitaire

They could revert to doing it manually...
    cartoon36.gif
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    mudcow007 wrote:

help me jebus!

It was Monday when you made this thread... anything you want to discuss in greater detail?
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    We've all been there. Only had to road side chunder once though. Always find the ride home is harder than the ride in, the gradient may be a factor...
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.