No trips to CwmCarn then....

Comments

• Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    yeh and the Newport ring road which i use to get home is not moving, and i leave work in half an hour.. tempted to take the hour n half walk home lol
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    How long before people start complaining that God can build the entire world in seven days but that the tunnel takes weeks to repair???
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    yeh and the Newport ring road which i use to get home is not moving, and i leave work in half an hour.. tempted to take the hour n half walk home lol

Damn, if only I worked and lived in that part of the world, then I could be smug about being on the bike :twisted:

Good luck getting home waylander. You could just sleep in the office :wink:
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    How long before people start complaining that God can build the entire world in seven days but that the tunnel takes weeks to repair???

Those people would be retards, so you're best off ignoring them.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Thewaylander
    bails87 wrote:

Damn, if only I worked and lived in that part of the world, then I could be smug about being on the bike :twisted:

Good luck getting home waylander. You could just sleep in the office :wink:

Last time we had this witht he snow it took 7-8 hours to drive, :s once your stuck in the traffic you just ca't get out so it's pure judgment calla the end of :(
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    get some over time in.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i know..i've got to try and get home yet. 1hr 30 mins delay at least no matter which way i go!!! :x
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Pah, thats nothing, we have the M25 365 days of the year to contend with! its like the russian roulette of roads :roll:
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    nicklouse wrote:
    get some over time in.

Im Salaried, I don't get overtime like mortals :(
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    nicklouse wrote:
    get some over time in.

Im Salaried, I don't get overtime like mortals :(

Only gays and mrak Fowler sufferers eat SALAD! :)
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Bullet dodged, was supposed to go that way home to drop hair straighteners off at Mrs Gs sisters in Cardiff, due to the road shenanigans came the shorter way back, saving me quarter of a tank of diesel
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • been upa and down the a470 4 times today, each time crossing the M4... gutted for everyone!
  • welshkev
    well, turned out i knew a sneaky route that not many other people had thought about, got home in 50 mins, not too bad really cos it takes me 40 anyway 8)
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Been a long time since I briefly lived there, but surely can just nip north round Cwmbran way. Extra 30 or 40 mins perhaps. Or drop into Newport but who wants to do that!
  • welshkev
    deadkenny wrote:
    Been a long time since I briefly lived there, but surely can just nip north round Cwmbran way. Extra 30 or 40 mins perhaps. Or drop into Newport but who wants to do that!

mate, every road was a nightmare, the motorway was qued back from the tunnels to j.33!!! they were diverting people up the a470 to get back onto junction 25 of the m4!!! they closed the a48 coming out of cardiff and the 'old' cardiff road was at a stand still.

no nipping anywhere unfortunately, even today they're still queing from the tunnels back to junction 29..i guess it must be the same the other side of the tunnels but i don't drive that way :lol:
  • clamps81
    clamps81 Posts: 315
    Took me two hours (left at four) to get from Cardiff Bay to Cwmcarn on Tues and that was with me avoiding the a470, a48m and M4 entirely. Bloody nightmare.
    Nukeproof Mega AM

Tomac Snyper - Now sadly in pieces
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    Get the train to Newport, open a can of MTFU and ride the 8 or so miles along the canal.....