Good exercises?

mbhuw
mbhuw Posts: 79
edited August 2011 in Training, fitness and health
I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks, and can't take my bike with me and want to either continue gaining strength or at least not lose any! I'm going to go running, but was wandering if their was any other exercises or other things you would recommend i do?
Thanks

Comments

• McBain_v1
    McBain_v1 Posts: 5,237
    Press ups!
    Tricep dips (just use two chairs)
    Calf raises (just use the bottom stair)
    Skipping (good for stamina)

What do I ride? Now that's an Enigma!
  • mbhuw
    Would squats do any good?
  • ut_och_cykla
    ut_och_cykla Posts: 1,594
    One legged squats might be ok but balance and good form is important. Personally I wouldn't bother. Just have a hard week before you go, run for the fortnight and pick up where you left off when you get home.
  • If you're going on holiday, aside from the obvious snide remark that you're supposed to be on holiday and taking it easy, will there not be a pool/the sea? Swimming is always going to be good exercise, with the added bonus that it feels holiday-like! ;)
    Twitter: @FunkyMrMagic
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Swimming FTW
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    Swimming followed by a run or the other way around. Wont be as boring either. though if youre not used to having rest weeks, do nothing and you'll probably feel really fresh on the bike when you get back.
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    When you've come back from holiday, are you going to write something on your blog, aimed at beginners, about the best way to "maintain strength" whilst on holiday?
  • mbhuw
    P_Tucker wrote:
    When you've come back from holiday, are you going to write something on your blog, aimed at beginners, about the best way to "maintain strength" whilst on holiday?
    Just finished it ;)
    Here's the article on the top 3 ways to keep fit while on holiday!
    http://www.cyclechain.co.uk/?p=96
  • thiscocks
    thiscocks Posts: 549
    mbhuw wrote:
    P_Tucker wrote:
    Just finished it ;)

:D
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    mbhuw wrote:
    P_Tucker wrote:
    Just finished it ;)

Brilliant stuff, truly astonishing insights.
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    Seems that comments are disabled on that blog. I wonder why that could be?
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!