Eurosport Player - THE worst cust care EVER, bar none

DF33
DF33 Posts: 732
edited June 2012 in Pro race
Had masses of trouble trying to log on when watching the Giro nearly a couple of months ago.
No phone line, only online contact allowed.
No responses to any correspondence I sent.
I finally, about 1 month ago, threatened them with small claims court to recover the £5 ish for the months service I never received.

Out of the blue a few days ago after 7 weeks of waiting, I received a mail from them.
"Sorry etc, please have Eurosport free until 1st week in September"
Tried to log on - yet again shows subscription run out, pay again (as last time).
So, last Thursday sent a mail explaining they had not actioned the account. No response to date (5 days and counting), account still not working.

In 2 months they have not refunded, not given me any free service, not responded within 48 hours one single time.

It is the worst customer care I have experienced. So next week I shall action a small claims summons against them. Petty? maybe, but I think after 6 mails, 2 months and constant failings on their part the money should be in my account and not theirs.

Such a shame really because the service is good when it's running. But this is just taking the p!ss.

Ooh, I've gone all dizzy after that rant and blood rush. need to sit down
Peter

Comments

• Sir, I believe I have you trumped. Behold:

In November 2010 I took out a 24 month mobile phone contract with Orange, via the Carphone Warehouse. 2 days later I had come to the conclusion that the reception was basically non-existent, so I took it back for a swap to the O2 network. Got onto O2 and everything was fine. However, things took a turn for the gay when I continued to get billed by Orange. Turns out the Carphone Warehouse had not bothered to properly cancel my Orange contract. Bit annoying, but I figured that 60 quid or so wasn't a big problem and they'd just ping me a check in a couple of weeks or something. No.

What happens next is you try to engage CPW's Disconnections team. That task is akin to attempting to teach a monkey to turn in an Oscar-winning performance of a big-screen version of Shakespear's Hamlet, in the style of Marlon Brando.

An incredible number of phone calls and emails later, and bills to the tune of 634 English Pounds, they dispatched a cheque to me...yesterday.

Do I get a prize? :)
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    DF33 - Give em hell, someone there needs a kick up the a***! I had same problems around the time of the Giro and have spent a lot of the Tour jumping between Eurosport and the HD channel to avoid the lock up in trasmission, totally frustrating for a service which you PAY for.

I hope they are reading this because there must be many PAYING subscribers that think, like me, that its a shower of SH**E.

Rant over. :x
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,602
    I'm just gona get Sky, Eurosport comes on the news package so you don't have to pay any extra for it really. Then I can cancel the Player subscription, which seems to be at the whim of "technical difficulties."

P.S. You won't get anywhere through the small claims court. Eurosport will eventually pull their finger out and refund you, trust me
  • AndyRubio
    AndyRubio Posts: 880
    They truly suck. Shame. Not as bad as cycling.tv which I'm certain was a joke.
  • roadiesean
    roadiesean Posts: 577
    It is indeed pants. I paid twice, once by card, once by paypal. Can I get my money back ? Can I hell.

Eurosport Player, only better than Sky and then not by much.

:-(
  • TheStone
    TheStone Posts: 2,291
    When it works, it's good, but that's rare. Never got a reply to anything I've sent.

Why aren't ES on freeview? They must make nearly all their money from adverts, so wouldn't it make sense?

It's not like there's a lack of channels available.
    exercise.png
  • DF33
    It used to be free.

Well, been a week now. so I'm going to get Eurosports registered office address and summonds them. I don't do this sort of thing lightly esp over fiver but the time / hassle / missed races and utter contempt they treat us with covers it.

I'd much rather they sorted it out but it isn't going to happen. They've ahad aver a months notice that I'd summons them so ball firmly in their court and their choice. :(
    Peter
  • DF33
    Oops, sorry about the rushed spelling above. didn't read it before posting :oops:
    Peter
  • Peter_K
    Peter_K Posts: 193
    I tried to register on Eurosport to watch the Giro and got stuck with the same problems. I was able to create an account but couldn't enter payment details. I then left it a couple of days and came back to find that I had got a subscription for free. I was able to watch the Giro, Dauphine, Tour de Suisse and the first week of the Tour before it packed up.

I ended up getting 2 months for nothing and they have no way of getting any money from me as I have still not given them card details.

So I think its great :D ,might have to pay though if I want to subscribe again.
  • B3rnieMac
    B3rnieMac Posts: 384
    i got an email from them this morning asking me to give my opinion on the eurosport player service. i think i might have to take a half day from work if i actually want to reply to this thing...
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    B3rnieMac wrote:
    i got an email from them this morning asking me to give my opinion on the eurosport player service. i think i might have to take a half day from work if i actually want to reply to this thing...
    Do it. Just invoice them for your time... :wink:
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    B3rnieMac wrote:

Got same email today. :shock:
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    The iPad app for the Tour was the same crap, only £2.99 but it should work, if you sell it, then it should work. Paying £8.50 per day for roaming 3G coverage in France and the app continually crashes, I hate being starved of information,.
  • dougzz wrote:
    The iPad app for the Tour was the same crap, only £2.99 but it should work, if you sell it, then it should work. Paying £8.50 per day for roaming 3G coverage in France and the app continually crashes, I hate being starved of information,.

You did kind of start the ball rolling when you bought an iPad
  • pete54
    pete54 Posts: 488
    dougzz wrote:
    The iPad app for the Tour was the same crap, only £2.99 but it should work, if you sell it, then it should work. Paying £8.50 per day for roaming 3G coverage in France and the app continually crashes, I hate being starved of information

I've never had any problems with the iPad app, although I use it with wifi, not 3G.

The Player on my Mac is a total nightmare. Here's a couple of tips which might help a bit:

- use Google Chrome.

- watch the HD channel. It eats bandwidth, but if your connection is fast enough it is more reliable than the SD channels. I get constant errors and freeze-ups on them (red exclamation mark)

- clear your browser cache.

I also got a few weeks for free when the system went down at the start of the Giro.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    dougzz wrote:

You did kind of start the ball rolling when you bought an iPad

I got it through work, I wouldn't pay for an iAnything myself, very nice but seriously overpriced.
  • Good man :)
  • CarKiller
    CarKiller Posts: 60
    Yes, they are the pits. Pathetic, non existent customer service. Programmes shuffled around, no reliable schedules.

And the online streaming just DOES NOT WORK. It pixellates, breaks up, freezes and the sound goes chirpy.

And I have plenty of bandwidth. I can stream BBC's iPlayer no problem at all.

I think they are technically incompetent. I mean they use the DEAD silverlight technology to deliver this shit. Morons.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    9cd17c67_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg
  • pete54
    The picture break-up and 'chirping' is a new problem in the last few days. Eurosport have acknowledged it and say they are working on a fix.

Why it is taking so long I don't know. They should have just taken the whole thing down as it is unusable at the moment, but there isn't even a message on the log-in page. I have asked for a refund.
  • DF33
    Don't hold your breath. regularly takes them a month to answer complaint emails.
    Peter
  • gjkathome
    gjkathome Posts: 5
    Just to confirm, I have the same problem. I have tested on desktop, laptop, XP, Vista, broadband and 3G. the problem remains. No difficulties with other streaming services.

Ah well, it saves me from having to fret about the laughably fictional scheduling information the Player displays.
  • Simon Notley
    Simon Notley Posts: 1,263
    Yeah, it's pretty awful. I gave up after having a similar 'paying twice yet getting nothing' experience. I don't think I ever received a single direct reply to an e-mail to their support team. Just a joke, they rely on the fact that it's cheap and a large number of people will try it for a short while regardless of poor feedback. Until something comes along to compete, they'll continue doing okay from it.
  • pete54
    Send your complaints to this email address:

UKcomms@eurosport.com

And tweet @EurosportUKTV
  • essexian
    essexian Posts: 187
    gjkathome wrote:
    Just to confirm, I have the same problem. I have tested on desktop, laptop, XP, Vista, broadband and 3G. the problem remains. No difficulties with other streaming services.

Ah well, it saves me from having to fret about the laughably fictional scheduling information the Player displays.

Please don't take this wrong but I am so glad other people are having this problem as I thought it was only me!!!! Lets hope they fix it quickly and sort their scheduling out!

Sadly, despite paying for the service, I have had to take to using unofficial sources to watch. These, for some reason don't seem to be effected.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    You get eurosport on sky go now. I shall be spending July in the bullring :)
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • CarKiller wrote:
    And the online streaming just DOES NOT WORK. It pixellates, breaks up, freezes and the sound goes chirpy.

And I have plenty of bandwidth. I can stream BBC's iPlayer no problem at all.

Ah yes, I am having the same problem. Only started a few days ago, got through the Giro and the Dauphine fine. I emailed them 2 days ago. Still waiting for a response. Its definitely nothing to do with bandwith, I get it on whatever computer I try to view from.
  • cycling_mike
    cycling_mike Posts: 318
    I am experiencing the same problems.

The reply I got is as follows...

"Dear customer, We are currently running maintenance operations in order to improve Eurosport Player’s service.
    You may have recently encountered problems accessing the service.
    We apologise for the inconvenience it may have caused you and we are doing our best to restore the service.
    If you still have trouble accessing the service, please send us the information via the FAQ.
    Many thanks,
    Best regards,
    Your Eurosport Player team"

Hopefully they will resolve this soon..

Mike
  • diplodicus
    diplodicus Posts: 711
    Plus 1 for same problem. Started last stage of Dauphine and some stages of Tour Suisse, (when it's not replaced by tennis)

Also found that I can no longer scroll back through programs as far as I could last year. Last year's Tour de France I could come home after work and rewind the player and watch the whole stage as if live. So far this year I can only rewind a maximum of 3 hours. I have e mailed them about this and picture break up but so far no reply.
  • pomtarr
    pomtarr Posts: 318
    They better pull their finger out before the Tour.

Phil 'n Paul is NOT a credible alternative!
    "Difficult, difficult, lemon difficult"