ANT+ question

lucasf09
lucasf09 Posts: 160
edited July 2011 in Road beginners
Hi,
I have a HTC Desire HD, and according to the app description for My Tracks and some other bike/fitness apps, they are compatible with ANT+ if the phone is ANT+ compatible.
I saw some websites claiming the Desire HD is ANT+ compatible, however I don't want to go and buy a HRM, cadence and speed sensors, I wanted to make sure.
Also is it worth using the phone, or should I just save up and bite the bullet and go for a garmin 500, or even better the 800.
Thanks
Lucas

Comments

• a_n_t
    a_n_t Posts: 2,011
    If the battery life of mine is anything to go by I'd get a garmin!
    Manchester wheelers

PB's
    10m 20:21 2014
    25m 53:18 20:13
    50m 1:57:12 2013
    100m Yeah right.
  • a_n_t wrote:
    If the battery life of mine is anything to go by I'd get a garmin!

+1

I get about three and a half hours out of a full battery running Endomondo, I hate to imagine how much this would be reduced if I was to add heart rate and cadence monitors.
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    I know that some Sony Ericsson phones are ANT+ ready - they have the right chip and just need a firmware update to make them ANT+. But I hadn't heard that any HTC phones were ANT+ ready. As I understand it there are currently no phones in the UK that will talk directly with an ANT+ device.

But for numerous reasons that have been covered in previous threads about using phones to navigate with, a Garmin is still better.
    More problems but still living....