Tour Complete

Wallace1492
Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
537 miles round some of the most picturesque roads in Britian.
Arran, Barra, north and South uist, Skye, then up through Torridon and Wester Ross to Durness. Then I did the ride back to Ullapool the hard way, through Clachtoll, Lochinver and Inverkircaig, though this involved about 6 one in four climbs (relatively short though) so a final day 90 miles.

A few days later I was in Applecross so just had to do the Shieldaig/Lochcarron circuit, although the wind and rain were on..... yes that Bealach sure is tough into a headwind!! 6 miles and over 2,000 feet of brutal climbing on a rather dodgy narrow road.

Did I have fun, hell yes, and also raised some funds for a very good cause into the bargain.

Did feel for the two riders I met on the road to Applecross who were riding LEJoG for Royal British Legion and doing all the highest roads in England and Scotland into the bargain. Guys, if you reading this, well done!
"Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"

Comments

• Good effort, Wallace. Chapeau.
  • notsoblue
    notsoblue Posts: 5,756
    Nice work Wallace! Some gorgeous countryside to ride through...
  • anton1r
    anton1r Posts: 272
    Good effort, Wallace. Chapeau.

+1 Well played dude.
    "I have a plan, a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a fox." (from the Blackadder TV series)
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327

Did you actually make it across the border? ;):)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    FoldingJoe wrote:

No..... and well done for picking up on it, the inferrence being that all the most picturesque roads are north of the border :wink: However I know they are not.

There should however be a border between Scotland and the Islands, it's like going back into the land that time forgot. On on section at about 7.30 in the morning we were waved to in the middle of no-where by a guy walking along the road with a hook for a right hand.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • suzyb
    suzyb Posts: 3,449
    FoldingJoe wrote:

No..... and well done for picking up on it, the inferrence being that all the most picturesque roads are north of the border :wink: However I know they are not.

There should however be a border between Scotland and the Islands, it's like going back into the land that time forgot. On on section at about 7.30 in the morning we were waved to in the middle of no-where by a guy walking along the road with a hook for a right hand.
    Half the country is like that not just the islands :lol: