Tour of Britain 2011

Flamez
Flamez Posts: 105
edited July 2011 in Pro race
Hi i plan to watch the Welsh stage in September from Welshpool to Caerphilly.

Does any one know the route from Brecon over the Beacons and advise on a good place to view and photograph... Are they going over Storey Arms...

The site is a little vague as to the exact route...
Condor World Series 2012
Boardman Team 2011

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    The precise route should be out in a few weeks, for some reason it gets left quite late. I'll be watching that stage as well and have been wondering how they plan getting to Caerphilly. Was hoping they would go over the Tumble somehow. Storey Arms would be a bit of a boring climb.
  • Pross
    The precise route should be out in a few weeks, for some reason it gets left quite late. I'll be watching that stage as well and have been wondering how they plan getting to Caerphilly. Was hoping they would go over the Tumble somehow. Storey Arms would be a bit of a boring climb.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    You can ride the same route as the tour so I guess the official route wont be far off this

http://www.tourride.co.uk/wales-pro-ride.asp
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Pross
    That's a shame, sticking on the A470 isn't going to make the most of the area. The scenery going over Storey Arms is OK but from Merthyr it is horrible dual carriageway.

Should have gone from Talgarth over Pengenffordd, up Llangynidr Mountain and then down one of the other valley roads.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    They're going the easiest way up Caerphilly Mountain, too. That's a hellishly fast descent in the last 2km though.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Ill be at the finish for the stage in Sandringham, probably the dullest stage! :(
  • Pross
    RichN95 wrote:
    They're going the easiest way up Caerphilly Mountain, too. That's a hellishly fast descent in the last 2km though.

Which is the easiest way? From memory it's a few short but steep ramps from Cardiff side but a longer climb from Caerphilly? I assume they are climbing from Cardiff side to finish in Caerphilly but can't work out what the route would be.
  • orbeaorca
    orbeaorca Posts: 246
    Ill be at the finish for the stage in Sandringham, probably the dullest stage! :(

You are not far wrong! I rode the route yesterday, its a long, flat 204k :(
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Pross wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Which is the easiest way? From memory it's a few short but steep ramps from Cardiff side but a longer climb from Caerphilly? I assume they are climbing from Cardiff side to finish in Caerphilly but can't work out what the route would be.

Neither of those. The third way. The one that joins the road with the two I think you are talking about at the burger van.

That's if the Tour Ride is the same as the Tour stage.
    Twitter: @RichN95