Evan's birthday discounts - would be silly not to....

optimisticbiker
optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
Just got back from Evans Cycles as I needed a few bits n bobs and had a £10 voucher to spend that arrived in the post yesterday together with a 15% discount code and promise of a 'free gift' for the first 50 people in the store this morning all related to their 90th birthday promo...

Well the free gift turned out to be another £5 off voucher so altogether saved nearly £30 on my £100-odd purchases :)

When at the till I mentioned it was unusual to get both a 15% discount and £10 voucher allowed on the same purchase and was told that only the top 5000 customers this year got the £10 voucher.

Hmmm...worrying, very worrying.... looking around my 'office' at home I count over 10 Evans carrier bags.... and that's since the last clear out :roll:
Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    edited July 2011
    lol it's worrying, at one time you could see 7 wiggle boxes from my bed, had 2 in the garage and I'm apparently a top 500 contributor and I've only reviewed about half my kit!
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    To be fair the amount of cash I've spent in Halfrauds in the last couple of months I should be a director of the company.

Bike, glasses, computer, bottles, cages, locks, lights, lid and some reflective stuff all in the last 2 months. I'm a beginner and hopefully won't have to spend any more money on gear in the next few months. Of course I know that now I'm a 'roadie' the last sentence is utter claptrap and am already working out how to finance my Bianchi/Spesh/Ribble whatever I decide to upgrade to. Oh god, what have I started?
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
    Just got back from Evans Cycles as I needed a few bits n bobs and had a £10 voucher to spend that arrived in the post yesterday together with a 15% discount code and promise of a 'free gift' for the first 50 people in the store this morning all related to their 90th birthday promo...

Well the free gift turned out to be another £5 off voucher so altogether saved nearly £30 on my £100-odd purchases :)

When at the till I mentioned it was unusual to get both a 15% discount and £10 voucher allowed on the same purchase and was told that only the top 5000 customers this year got the £10 voucher.

Hmmm...worrying, very worrying.... looking around my 'office' at home I count over 10 Evans carrier bags.... and that's since the last clear out :roll:

This is the most disgusting post I've read.........

........why don't you reuse the same carrier bag you eco-terrorist!!! :wink:
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Its bad enough being a Wiggle platinum account holder for 3 years running, but being a top 500 Evans purchaser? That's really scary...
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Wrath Rob wrote:
    Its bad enough being a Wiggle platinum account holder for 3 years running, but being a top 500 Evans purchaser? That's really scary...

Top 5000, not 500.

Phew, I got a voucher too...
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo