Giant Defy 4
Mirage Columbus SL
Batavus Ventura

Comments

• petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Hey Ademort

Shouldn't it be Cina or maybe China

Bike looks like the real thing but your bars don't look like they're rotated right to me or the shifters aren't right. Loose those spacers and position the bars/shifters better and it'll look loads better.

Nice matching Most kit BTW
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Hey Ademort

Bike looks like the real thing but your bars don't look like they're rotated right to me or the shifters aren't right. Loose those spacers and position the bars/shifters better and it'll look loads better.

Nice matching Most kit BTW
    Yes it is a Chinarello, but i am very happy with it.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • mouth
    mouth Posts: 1,195
    Bastard. Jealousy has set in. :evil:
    The only disability in life is a poor attitude.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Man alive! That has got to be one of the most amazing looking bikes I have ever seen!
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    Very lovely set-up there, like it mucho. Yes, for the classic look the bars should be rotated up a bit so the top section is level rather than the bottom, but this would mean moving the shifters and re-taping to keep the straight lines, so if you're comfortable with it as is I wouldn't bother.
  • ademort
    Zachariah wrote:
    Very lovely set-up there, like it mucho. Yes, for the classic look the bars should be rotated up a bit so the top section is level rather than the bottom, but this would mean moving the shifters and re-taping to keep the straight lines, so if you're comfortable with it as is I wouldn't bother.

Thanks for the compliments. As for the bars i cannot rotate them as it,s an all bar/stem one peice system. I,m still not finished yet as the holes for the hidden cables are so small that you can only fit the levers in one position and one of the internal cable slots is so small on both sides that i cannot get a cable in there at all. I have contacted the seller but have not had a reply yet. So the bars may be coming off at the end of the day. I bought the bars from the same seller as i bought the frame so i hope for a reply.Given the shape of the bars i cannot even get a Dremel or anything into the holes to make them larger so i hope for a replacement or a refund, but will keep you informed.I have quite a few spacers on there also but it,s purely experimental if the ride is better without spacers then i will take them off.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    PeteMadoc wrote:

Loose those spacers and position the bars/shifters better and it'll look loads better.

Yep - if you are going to pretend it is the real thing, best not to post it in the Chinese frames thread!

As for spacers - surely more important for it to feel better than look better?
    Faster than a tent.......
  • gaddster
    gaddster Posts: 401
    It's a beauty, you must be really pleased with it! Now get some miles in..
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
    "Are you talking to me or my ass?"
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    There are lots of these cheap fakes on ebay and its getting worse,how do they get away with selling these frames branded with pinarello?
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • andy46
    andy46 Posts: 1,666
    I think it looks great 8)

How does it compare to a Pinarello? Do they share the exact same geometery?
    2019 Ribble CGR SL

2015 Specialized Roubaix Sport sl4

2014 Specialized Allez Sport
  • ademort
    markyone wrote:
    There are lots of these cheap fakes on ebay and its getting worse,how do they get away with selling these frames branded with pinarello?

I don,t care if it is a fake the thing is i would need two effin holes in my head to go out and spend £3000 + on a frame. IMHO it looks great and as an amateur and keen cyclist i don,t think i would be able to appreciate the difference in performance of a real Pina or a Fake Pina would you????
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Red tyres a step too far IMO.

Back to Black, as Amy would have said.
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Rolf F wrote:
    PeteMadoc wrote:

Loose those spacers and position the bars/shifters better and it'll look loads better.

Yep - if you are going to pretend it is the real thing, best not to post it in the Chinese frames thread!

As for spacers - surely more important for it to feel better than look better?

I don't think he did that to pull the wool over our eyes. He's posted all over the forum about this bike order/customs etc and, I would think, assumed we all knew it was a Chinarello.
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Looks great, shame the geometry doesnt fit me (58 is not big enough :( )

Would love a ride detailed report includinh some comparisonsnagainst what you were riding.
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Mr752
    Mr752 Posts: 33
    markyone wrote:

Agreed, its not a Pinarello and its not a Dogma (Dogma doesnt have a round section seatpost)
    By all means buy a cheap fake and paint it but leave off the brand name decals because it clearly is not what it says on the tin as they say!
  • dawebbo
    dawebbo Posts: 456
    I agree with Mr752. The decals are an insult.
  • Roscobob
    Roscobob Posts: 344
    I wouldn't have known the difference!

Still a lovely looking bike though! 8)
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    I told you before, your tyres are UPSIDE DOWN. :x

You STILL haven't put them the right way up, have you?
    dawebbo wrote:
    An insult to who?
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • ademort
    Herbsman wrote:

dawebbo wrote:
    An insult to who?

No i havent fitted the tyres the correct way up as you said but i wonder, i also have some Black/White tyres would they look better. There have been a few comments regarding the colour of the tyres.??? :shock:
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • understand the cash saving but would keep it totally unbranded. not a fan soz
    Freddie :)
    Summer: Merida Reacto Team
    Winter: Moda Bolero
    Classic: Fausto Coppi
    Mtb: Scott Scale 40
  • gaddster
    gaddster Posts: 401
    Where's P_Tucker when you need him...
    ARTHUR
    "Hello oh great one"
    LARRY
    "Are you talking to me or my ass?"
  • ademort
    understand the cash saving but would keep it totally unbranded. not a fan soz
    I,ve posted the bike here on one of the Dutch cycling forums and it,s been removed as the moderator says they do want to encourage people to buy these frames or anything else thats not the genuine article. It,s hilarious really because the title of the thread is The great China topic (frames and parts) and stretches 91 pages. In that 91 pages there are loads of Pinas and other makes all purchased from China. Suddenly Ademort puts a couple of pictures of His bike up and they are immediately removed with the explanation from the moderator that i,ve given above. I guess that some people Love it and some people Hate it.
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    ademort wrote:
    Herbsman wrote:

dawebbo wrote:
    An insult to who?

No i havent fitted the tyres the correct way up as you said but i wonder, i also have some Black/White tyres would they look better. There have been a few comments regarding the colour of the tyres.??? :shock:
    Ademort
    I think anything other than black tyres looks terrible, but on the other hand, it's your bike and if you like red ones then you should keep them.
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • ademort
    Herbsman wrote:
    ademort wrote:
    Herbsman wrote:

dawebbo wrote:
    An insult to who?

Ademort
    I think anything other than black tyres looks terrible, but on the other hand, it's your bike and if you like red ones then you should keep them.

If you think that i,m going to go and find a shop at this time of night that sells Black tyres you can f@@ off. I,ve put some Black/White tyres on tonight with pictures to follow and if you dont like them, i give up. :lol:
    Ademort
    ademort
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    The bike's real but the decals are fake. That's that argument sorted. :D
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."