Online dating...

dizzydane
dizzydane Posts: 322
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
Anyone done it?

Registered on Fitness Singles today as the thought of hanging out on Box Hill every weekend could get me a reputation as a stalker...

:D

Comments

• MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    I've met people through facebook, but personally would never join an online dating website. I'm not a helpless person, if I feel that bad about being single, I go out and meet people. But i'm married, so i'm not on the hunt anways!
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Only here on BR. It's free, it worked. :wink:

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • nolf
    nolf Posts: 1,287
    If you want to attract BR people, just post a pic of yourself in the "girls in lycra shorts thread".
    "I hold it true, what'er befall;
    I feel it, when I sorrow most;
    'Tis better to have loved and lost;
    Than never to have loved at all."

Alfred Tennyson
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    ^ Yes, what Nolf said, but no clam shots as you'll only get banned
  • Save yourself the cash and hassle, just join forums or websites that you have an interest in, post and be yourself, have a laugh, then sooner or later the laws of averages will work and you end up with someone you share common interests with and profit. :wink:
  • DIESELDOG
    ^^^ What he said.... :wink:

Love n hugs

DD

• Herbsman
    Herbsman Posts: 2,029
    There are no women on Bikeradar though. How would that work unless you're gay?
    CAPTAIN BUCKFAST'S CYCLING TIPS - GUARANTEED TO WORK! 1 OUT OF 10 RACING CYCLISTS AGREE!
  • MountainMonster
    Herbsman wrote:

There are 2 or 3 on here. It's like every dating website. 50,000 horny men fighting over one woman looking for the "love of her life".
  • DIESELDOG
    Herbsman wrote:

'Tis true, I am actually a bloke, I weigh about 20 stone. I don't ride at all.

Love n hugs

DD

• graniteway
    graniteway Posts: 30
    I`m a girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............... Well woman

just sat and watched TDF for 4 days .on my lonesome.. :cry:

XXXXXXXXXXX
  • MountainMonster
    graniteway wrote:

XXXXXXXXXXX

Need some company, me and my DD friend will come with popcorn and southern comfort, highlights are always worth a watch!
  • graniteway
    graniteway Posts: 30
    Ah, Austria

might be interested if you`re near the snow!!!!
  • graniteway wrote:

XXXXXXXXXXX

Need some company, me and my DD friend will come with popcorn and southern comfort, highlights are always worth a watch!

Pssst, I drink the Southern Comfort in our relationship, she guzzles Vodka. ;)

Speaking of which, she has just arrived with a fresh glass of said Southern comfort, huzzah!
  • MountainMonster
    graniteway wrote:

XXXXXXXXXXX

Pssst, I drink the Southern Comfort in our relationship, she guzzles Vodka. ;)

Speaking of which, she has just arrived with a fresh glass of said Southern comfort, huzzah!

Feel free to pass some my way, ran out of my jim beam the other day, and don't really wanna buy another bottle!
  • Share my Southern Comfort? ARE YOU MAD? :shock:
  • DIESELDOG
    Share my Southern Comfort? ARE YOU MAD? :shock:

So long as thats all that's being shared I have no problem.

For now...

Love n hugs

DD

• dizzydane
    nolf wrote:
    If you want to attract BR people, just post a pic of yourself in the "girls in lycra shorts thread".
    Um, not that desperate....

As to Mountain Monster - yeah there are 50 000 horny cyclists out there that are married!!!

I've just returned from the Tour and funny you're surrounded by men that you can't lay a hand on.. Didn't meet any single ones...
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I tried it some years ago following the split with my practice wife. I found it to be generally full of nutters with issues and baggage, clearly, having just split from my wife, I include myslef in that.

It's good fun, you can get an awful lot of sh*gging done, but handle with care.

That said, I have a mate who met his wife on an internet dating site.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59
    DIESELDOG wrote:

For now...
    Love n hugs

DD

Ay Ay !!!!!
    :wink:
  • DIESELDOG wrote:

Oh your arse and the rest of you belongs to me, I don't play well with others let alone share my toys...
  • MattC59
    @dizzydane

It was mentioned earlier that joining a forum of like minded people is a good idea. Just don't let then know you're looking, otherwise you'll get endless flirting and mucky comments from the likes of Onemanandhisbike, Aggie, Mountainmonster and myself*.

* Although I'm married, so I'm sorry, but harmless flirting is all you'll get. Sorry, I know it must be a disappointment :lol::lol:
  • DIESELDOG
    Matt, *ahem*, "one" of those mentioned is strictly off bounds, forbidden, go there and I'll rip your throat out.

*ahem* :wink:

Take that how you will.

Love n hugs

DD

• dizzydane
    @MattC59

Great - Will definitely hold off the pictures then!

BR - can we have a dating section?
  • MattC59
    dizzydane wrote:
    @MattC59

Great - Will definitely hold off the pictures then!

BR - can we have a dating section?

I suspect that you may be asking for trouble, although the odds would be in your favour !!
  • MattC59
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Matt, *ahem*, "one" of those mentioned is strictly off bounds, forbidden, go there and I'll rip your throat out.

*ahem* :wink:

Take that how you will.

Love n hugs

DD

Don't worry, I don't want him.......... unless you're implying that you're after me ? :lol::lol::wink:
  • dizzydane
    Could only get more of "Although I'm married"

Lets see...
  • She's rather busy at the moment, I tied her to the bed about 3 minutes ago. :twisted:

Other than that, she has her hands full pretty much 24/7 dealing with me. :wink:

I think we need to organise you a ladies auction Matt, see how much we can sell your arse for and pack you off on a night out with the lucky winner and let you have some fun. :lol:
  • dizzydane
    I think we need to organise you a ladies auction Matt, see how much we can sell your ars* for and pack you off on a night out with the lucky winner and let you have some fun. :lol:
    Now you're onto something... :twisted: Once upon a time I used to train horses.
  • MattC59
    She's rather busy at the moment, I tied her to the bed about 3 minutes ago. :twisted:

Other than that, she has her hands full pretty much 24/7 dealing with me. :wink:

I think we need to organise you a ladies auction Matt, see how much we can sell your ars* for and pack you off on a night out with the lucky winner and let you have some fun. :lol:

Now there's an idea !! Although I suspect Mrs C might have something to say about that ! :lol:
  • MattC59
    dizzydane wrote:
    Now you're onto something... :twisted: Once upon a time I used to train horses.

Oh really !!
    :wink: :twisted: