Life savers on the two moors 100

Mr Blister
Mr Blister Posts: 25
Just wandered if anyone on here who did the two moors 100 yesterday might know of a couple who stopped to help me out.

I was 25 miles into the race when i punctured. It was pouring with rain. I managed to get the tube changed (and checked the tyre for debris). After getting back on my way i punctured again within about .5 of a mile this time it was two punctures. one where i had evidently not gotten the offending item out and then a new one in a completely different place. despite my best efforts to patch it the rain was so hard i couldn't dry the tube to get the glue working (despite me resorting to using my tuna rolls to try and dry it!)

Any way this lovely couple stopped and leant me another spare tube. They completely saved the day. However i didn't get there race no. and so couldn't track them down to thank them again!

They were both wearing yellow altuar jackets, i would say they were in there early 30's and i think they were both on Felt carbon bikes if anybody has any idea who they are i would like to make a donation to the charity they were riding for.

It really renewed my faith in cyclists and the human race!
07 Specialized Roubaix S - Works - With Kysrium SL's
Iceni Reynolds 520 commuter/ tourer
DMR Trailstar
If it has wheels I'll ride it!!

Comments

• Mr_fido
    Mr_fido Posts: 2
    Hi
    I did the Two moors as well and also ended up with three punctures. I was helped out with a 4th tube by a nice lady from North Devon Wheelers. I think the peope, you are looking for were a husband and wife who entered the 100 miler.
    285 HILARY GUNN 9:49:00
    286 ANDREW MARTIN 9:49:00

Not sure how you can contact them though. I think the bad weather drew us all a little closer to one another that day. Did you enjoy the course. Would you do it again.??
  • Mr_fido
    Mr_fido Posts: 2
    The organiser of the 2 moors 100 has gone on holiday for a couple of weeks. I will try and find out from him if they were raising money for a charity and will try and let you know. I am a member of Bideford Bridge Rotary club, who helped organise the event.
    Cheers!. & hope to see you next year.....with a few mates in tow as well.....just tell them it was easy !
  • Super Cat
    Super Cat Posts: 1
    We organised the event for the Bideford Bridge Rotary and its great to hear you enjoyed it. If you email us on twomoors100@hotmail.co.uk we can forward this on to Hilary Gunn and Andrew Martin.

I am really full of admiration for all the people who actually turned up to start on such a stormy morning and for the determination to finish the ride whatever. Next year you deserve sunshine.

The results have now been posted. We know that many people switched routes halfway round, so if you let us know we can adjust the results. We also have some great photos which will be posted soon.

Hope to see you all again next year.
  • wsparksb
    wsparksb Posts: 1
    Hello,

Woke up Sunday morning, thought, surely we won't be going in this weather, went down to sign on, surprised by the amount there so thought lets go for it then. It was a tad damp and at Eggsford the sky opened its doors, got soaked through but four of us, strangers, just carried on at a good pace. Enjoyed the route and pleased with my time. Shall doing it again, have to really its on me door step. Forest of Dean Classic and Dartmoor Classic done, Black Rat next then Exmoor beast. Really enjoying this cycling hobby now :D .....
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    26 Jul 2009
    Mr_fido wrote:
    The organiser of the 2 moors 100 has gone on holiday for a couple of weeks

20 Jul 2011
    Super Cat wrote:
    We organised the event for the Bideford Bridge Rotary and its great to hear you enjoyed it

Err, went on holiday for a couple of weeks, or a couple of years ?