Can i get a good camera for around £100

little wiser
little wiser Posts: 662
edited July 2011 in The hub
Hi would like to buy a camera for family trips etc, anyone got any good deals they have heard off, thanks.

Comments

• Trot down to Jessops and look for the sale bargains. I spotted a Nikon S3000 for £60 so bought it as a pocket camera for biking and when I don't want to take the DSLR or LX2. I am very pleased with it. A bit slow to focus compared to my other cameras but good photos. I am not sure if that one is still around but the S2500 is listed at £59 reduced from £139. Deals like that are usually old models, although "old" in cameras can be as little as 4 months.

Keith
  • have a look on Jessops' web site - there are some nice looking Panasonics and Canons as well with huge reductions. Click on the 'less than £100' link.

Double check that they are real reductions by doing a quick Google for the model you are interested in to find out what other people are charging.

There is a nice looking Panasonic for £99 reduced from £240, but I am a bit of a Panasonic fan as I have had a few. I find my Panasonic LX2 pictures are better straight out of the camera than my Nikon DSLR which needs more post processing.

Keith
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    It's a little over budget, but these are great for the money - Fuji S1500:

http://www.okobe.co.uk/ws/product/FujiF ... ?ref=1q4bs
  • alfablue
    alfablue Posts: 8,497
    I recently got a Canon Powershot A1200, one of the few cameras of this size that has an optical viewfinder and that runs on AA's. At £80 I am very pleased with it.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    All good suggestions. The only thing I'd suggest you should be wary, or at least aware of, is that superzooms like the Fuji sonic mentioned, often don't go "wide angle" enough to take group photos indoors.
  • little wiser
    little wiser Posts: 662
    Thank you all for taking the time to answer, i will take everything on board what you have all said and will more than likely spend my sunday hung over while looking through jessops web site :D .
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Have you got a Jessops locally? The one we have up the road from here is actually really helpful - pop in and have a word.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I'm no camera expert but I bought a samsung wb500 from Argos eBay recently for about 85 quid with a 10x zoom 10mp and a schnieder lens. I wanted something I could point and shoot with but also start to fiddle and learn about settings etc, but something I could also fit in my pocket.

Pics seem good with it, but like I say I'm no expert. But as a novice camera goes it's good
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Andy
    Andy Posts: 8,207
    Asda had a Nikon compact on sale. Looked nice.