ITV player.Bloody mind of its own.

giantorangedale
giantorangedale Posts: 79
edited July 2011 in Pro race
Keeps jumping back to the start or goes to ad break when its not meant to. :x :evil:
should of used giantorangecannon

Comments

• morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    It's been a bleedin' nightmare on the more popular stages. I had to give up last Thursday and catch two stages on the Friday. Wasn't happy.
  • wheezee
    wheezee Posts: 461
    Use TVcatchup instead.

Bigger picture, better quality.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Keeps jumping back to the start or goes to ad break when its not meant to. :x :evil:
    youtube streams well. had these problems last year ok this year
  • Brassknocker
    Brassknocker Posts: 209
    My word, itvplayer today has been driving me ruddy mad .. I gave up and came on Bikeradar to get the result...

....it just keeps on playing those same terrible adverts over again and reverting back to the beginning. I'm losing the will to live.

One thing's for sure, I'm now never ever going to buy a Boardman, or a car with va va voom, and if I see a meerkat in a dressing gown it's going to get one hell of a slap....

'simples' - F***K OFF!!!!!

:D
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,689
    Yep, rubbish tonight. 11.20pm, and can't get past the first two minutes. (At least using Abdlock Plus I don't have to watch the adverts. BTW, the spelling mistake is deliberate, as BR gets all hissy if you spell ABP correctly.) Grrr. I think ITV jut hasn't got enough streaming capacity.
  • wheezee
    But why persist with it? I gave up with ITVplayer on the first day it was so rubbish.

There is a much better option for ITV4.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    wheezee wrote:
    But why persist with it? I gave up with ITVplayer on the first day it was so rubbish.

There is a much better option for ITV4.

Expand?
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • wheezee
    Wot I sed before...

http://www.tvcatchup.com/

Streams live TV. All the channels.
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    Get it from a torrent...

Good quality, advert shorn coverage.

_Much_ better than ITV player. What's more ITV have started sendng me emails advertising their coverage and telling me who won! Gits, I'd been trying to avoid the result all day.

The highlights are normally in the region of 550Mb and available from 8-30 or so.

http://cyclingtorrents.nl/
  • briantrumpet
    wheezee wrote:
    Wot I sed before...

http://www.tvcatchup.com/

Streams live TV. All the channels.
    But not much help if you're actually trying to 'catchup', as far as I can see. That's why the rubbish ITVplayer is so annoying - even at 11.30pm it can't cope with demand.
  • luckao
    luckao Posts: 632
    mr_si wrote:

My only problem there is that I'm absolutely dense when it comes to being connectable. I'd be more than happy to seed if I could. As it is, a few downloaded stages and I turn into a no-good leech.
  • wheezee
    But not much help if you're actually trying to 'catchup', as far as I can see. That's why the rubbish ITVplayer is so annoying - even at 11.30pm it can't cope with demand.

No help at all, no. Not sure what the catchup bit of the name is supposed to signify. This is for live streaming only.
  • Second the OP; I tried watching the highlights at about midnight last night to no avail and it's just crashed on me now. I'll go back to less, er, official outputs.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    ITV "Player" has been pissing me off no end with the TDF highlights this year. It is a terrible, terrible service and ITV should be ashamed of themselves, especially as BBC's iplayer has been trouble free for me on the off chance when I use it.

And the error messages are so full of it. Why can the video not be found and the internet connection lost? It's not a problem at my end!
  • briantrumpet
    Total rubbish again tonight. Got three minutes in, it restarted from the beginning, and that's it - about ten restarts, the furthest it would go was about 5 seconds, even trying bunny-hopping further on in the programme, all to no avail. Has anyone told ITV that the service sucks?

Oh well, might as well look up the result now, as I'm not going to get if from bloody ITV Player.
  • cycologist
    cycologist Posts: 721
    And there I was thinking it was either me or my computer that was at fault. i now feel that my IIT skills are vindicated rather than just rubbish. My son told me that it was ITV Player that was a sack of shite, not me. And I thought that he was just being kind.
    Two wheels good,four wheels bad
  • yenrod
    yenrod Posts: 135
    wheezee wrote:
    Use TVcatchup instead.

Bigger picture, better quality.

Thanks for the suggestion...

- Also I tried watching it on itvplayer...& it wouldnt work for myself in the way that if id move the marker then it wouldnt like it SOO i binned it off & watched Eurosport castup when it was on around 10.30pm.....

N.B: I twittered them about it and i suggest others do also as they wont know how crap the palyer is !!!!!
    [;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]