livingroombikes.jpg

Comments

• stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    My clean and tidy workbench
    5945955903_82f062501a_z.jpg

Loads of room for more broken rusty bikes
    5945951537_afd73dfc10_z.jpg
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    stubs
    looks like a "wheelpro" truing stand there. :wink:
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • stubs
    nicklouse wrote:
    stubs
    looks like a "wheelpro" truing stand there. :wink:

Yep well spotted I have tried a couple of "proper" wheel stands and Rogers DIY version is the best. Only mod I made was to screw a piece of roofing lead underneath to make it ultra stable. Cost me £4 I think for the bolts the MDF was scrap and the axle jaws are a n offcut of 1/4" ally plate cut to size.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • stubs
    Billie the one eyed workshop cat

5945972219_0d82956407_z.jpg
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I can't actually get IN to my workshop to get a picture :cry:
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I've got pics of my shed, garden, utility room and bedroom to come hehe
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Looking moderately tidy for once:

web.jpg
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • forcutty
    forcutty Posts: 1,055
    edited July 2011
    Heres some of my lair the cellar beneath our house :lol:
    It floods regularly so can't be used for much other than for workshop and beer storage.
    Oh and no womenz :wink:
    5946764498_a37b44a59c.jpg
    5946765228_f00d96f609_z.jpg
    5946763660_ef1094d983_z.jpg
    Meh just noticed my chain whips aren't hanging up :roll:
    Oh The gas man loves my man cave :shock:
    Majority of the junk is old kit from work the lathe is a toy bought by the GF but compared to my Mori Seiki at work its pants :cry:
    Currently knocking out cassette spacers BTW :wink:
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    forcutty
    now that is what I call a man cave. everything but the fridge.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • forcutty
    nicklouse wrote:
    forcutty
    now that is what I call a man cave. everything but the fridge.
    Don't need one stays at 12 degs C majority of the time.
    Heating comes in form of old heater for winter though
  • Anonymous
    I bet it makes the bodies rot slower too. Awesome.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    I'm sorry but it has no TV, Surrond sound or Optics, for this reason i'm out! :wink:

the only picture i have of my little tyre shed.
    http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b25/v ... 000337.jpg
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Forcutty, I just wet myself a little thats a real man cave :o
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    Forcutty, I just wet myself a little thats a real man cave :o
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    And not a fire extinguisher in sight - proper mans cave :)
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    supersonic wrote:
    Inspired by Stubs pic on FB. This is my, erm, front room:

livingroombikes.jpg

Are you testing those bikes?

How do you find the american classic wheels compared to the stans crest ones on the other bike?
  • forcutty
    No telly but it does have surround sound the speakers are in the ceiling :wink:
    Just got to modify the wheel truing stand. It was knocked up quick when i did my front wheel in! However i think i'll just modify this bodged one a little bit more though.
    If anyone wants more photos i could photo the other untidy half :lol:
    Glad you like it though :P
  • Galfinnan
    Galfinnan Posts: 49
    Forcutty I love the cellar, very lucky indeed. The lathe, press drill and arc welder not tempt you to start making your own frames/custom bits ? I work in a school so have access to the technical department during the summer, if only the technical technician was a bit more obliging or I was a bit more skilled.
    False facts are highly injurious to the progress of science, for they often endure long; but false views, if supported by some evidence, do little harm, for every one takes a salutary pleasure in proving their falseness.

Darwin
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    jealous, i only get the kitchen when missk is away, friday saw the road bike and the spec in peices, the sink a degreasing station for everything, and then a fettling session comenced!

i want a basement!
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    The basement is the only thing I miss from our old house. I ha my own cave down there and it was awesome. Not as cool as the one above bit still it was my lair and my little spider friends kept the wife away.

If only it was easier to get bikes into the loft!
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    could you note increase the loft hatch and rip a simple winch, like so

http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk/Images/h ... age/45.jpg
  • crazy88
    crazy88 Posts: 560
    I have considered this so many times! If we were staying here long enough I would probably do, but I see us selling it and moving on in 2-3 years, and it's a lot of work just for that. Luckily the wife is ok about me fixing things in the kitchen so it's not too bad.
    Out with the old, in with the new here.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,047
    parts002.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • forcutty
    Galfinnan wrote:
    Forcutty I love the cellar, very lucky indeed. The lathe, press drill and arc welder not tempt you to start making your own frames/custom bits ? I work in a school so have access to the technical department during the summer, if only the technical technician was a bit more obliging or I was a bit more skilled.
    Arc welders are for loosers us real bodgers use mig welders.
    Just out of the picture is a mechanical hacksaw too.
    I mainly just repair stuff as to be honest i'd rather just do an extra couple hours at work and buy what i need.
    But if its too expensive etc i'll make it. 7spd too 6 speed Uniglide cassette mods at the moment! Then a strip and rebuild of benelux p2 rear mechs for a mate who has two broken ones that are as rusty as fark. As for frame building nah i can't weld good enough :wink:
  • squeeler
    squeeler Posts: 144
    you guys just can't have WAGs, my front room used to be better than supersonic's but these days it's pretty poor, there's room to sit down and everything!
  • Anonymous
    I think many people who have a WAG, soon lose both, when one finds out about the other.
  • Surely WAGs should technically be called WOGs but i can see that been taken the wrong way by the PC crowd thinking it's something different.

I can't wait to get a place of my own and have a workshop, at the moment I'm limited to a very small section of the garage.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    north-sure wrote:
    Surely WAGs should technically be called WOGs but i can see that been taken the wrong way by the PC crowd thinking it's something different.

whatever can you mean!!!!

best post ive seen on here for ages.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Just bought a new place with a double garage - can't wait to have at it.... Luckily, it has a 4 car drive too, so no need to interfere with the workshop by keeping pesky cars in it.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.