rear view mirror

dazza3512
dazza3512 Posts: 58
edited July 2011 in Tour & expedition
Hi gang,does anyone use a rear view mirror,as I am looking for advice on which one to get for my butterfly handle bars on my dawes karakum,I recently bought a real cheap one from flea bay to see if I would like it,and I do,so I am now in the market for a decent one,anybody prfer. A certain model/make
He travels fastest who travels alone

Comments

• cycladelic
    cycladelic Posts: 641
    I have the fab Cateye 'Racer' mirror that goes into a barend. I'm not sure it'll work with buttefly bars.
    It's an uphill climb to the bottom
  • dazza3512
    your right, bar end mirrrors are no good for my butterfly bars, and i do not like those helmet mirrors as they make you look like a real helmet,if you know what i mean ?
  • andymiller
    andymiller Posts: 2,856
    B&M do a good one.
  • dazza3512
    B&M ?
  • andymiller
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=B%26M% ... 8&oe=utf-8

The peterwhitecycles.com page should tell you everything you need to know.
  • dazza3512
    $22 plus shipping,now thats a lot of money,even if it has to come from over the pond,was looking for something slightly cheeper, like a tenner, but thanks for the info and the link andymiller,i enjoyed reading the info on his web site, he is a funny guy :lol:
  • andymiller
    dazza3512 wrote:
    $22 plus shipping,now thats a lot of money,even if it has to come from over the pond,was looking for something slightly cheeper, like a tenner, but thanks for the info and the link andymiller,i enjoyed reading the info on his web site, he is a funny guy :lol:

Erm the link was only to give you the information and pictures - you can buy them over here. You can get them for £13 if you go to the right place (the link to the Google search results was a hint).
  • dazza3512
    cheers again anymiiier,sorry i am a little slow on the uptake,found and ordered a nice one called a zetal spy, i think?.looks good and was only a tenner,will let you know what it,s like when it arrives.

cheers again :P
  • flester
    flester Posts: 464
    The idea of a rear view mirror is a good but I never quite got the hang of using one. To be effective I've found they need to be sticking out a bit, making them vulnerable to being knocked out of alignment or broken. Also I don't fiind it intuitive to use one as I do in a car. I prefer a quick turn of the head to look behind.

'I do not believe in the three-speed gear at all', the sergeant was saying. 'It is a newfangled instrument, it crucificies the legs, the half of the accidents are due to it.' (From 'The Third Policeman')
  • dazza3512
    just bought the zefal spy mirror,arrived yesterday,fantastic,small lightweight,compact mirror,easy to install,rock solid,would recommend,cheers every body for the info and advice :P