Reset post count and all old postings gone

Anonymous
Anonymous Posts: 79,667
My postcount is now in single figures (not bothered to be honest), but it seems that together with that, all my posts (hundreds, maybe thousands) have gone with it. Yes I know that my posts may not have much value, but thought it might point to a bigger problem on the site that you might want to take a look at?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    most of your posts in the classifieds?

they do get deleted.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Anonymous
    I don't think I've ever posted in the classifieds.
  • Anonymous
    So no explanation then?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Did you post across a number of topics? Maybe one large topic got culled, or some older ones.
  • nicklouse
    or it can be side effects of the forum fall over of a month or so back.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
  • Anonymous
    I'm a very regular visitor here, posted on many subjects (though obviously they weren't exactly ground breaking judging by this thread :lol: ). I am in the French Alps at the moment on holiday and have from time to time possibly connected via UK based VPN (for purposes of watching ITV4 for TdeF coverage). Is it possible that some kind of security software has detected my multiple IP addresses and took some action?

As I said, I'm not bothered about my post count, but I do like to go over past posts from time to time to recall previous topics that have interested in me but that's no longer possible.

My post count was in the region of 1700 or so I think.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    So I've sorted it, it was user error :oops: I'd logged into an old account that I by chance remembered the password for, it's a very similar one to this one. You can delete the dodgyd account if you want, but not this one.

Thanks chaps, sorry for setting the hairs running for nothing!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
  • nicklouse
    Done.