U.K. Eurolotto ticket wins £168,000,000

thesquireofbanwell
thesquireofbanwell Posts: 132
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
Is it you?
I disapprove of what you say but will defend....your right to say it. Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire08 Cotic Soda-deceased!10 Bianchi 928 c2c23 Marin Nicasio2

Comments

• verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    I suspect the winner is not sitting around browsing web forums right now.
  • Frank the tank
    Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
    Not as I know too, I just hope the winner has a "soft spot" for Hucknall town fc.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    I'd even be happy to win just 50k or something in a lottery. But jesus that is a staggering number. Some lucky old woman probably won!
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Not as I know too, I just hope the winner has a "soft spot" for Hucknall town fc.
    My birth town as ever near bankrupt football team is also on full alert.
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    I hope it was me !! I've already ordered several hundred grands worth of bikes and cars :wink:
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Is it you?

Yes, all £6.40 of it :lol:
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • brin
    brin Posts: 1,122
    According to the news it was won by a 3 man syndicate - Bill Gates, Roman Abramovich, and Richard Branson................. :wink:
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    £9 grand of interest a day!
    It'll be someone who reckons that "It won't change my life", who'll buy that nice bungalow at the end of the street, that they've always wanted & then have 2 weeks in Skeggy, rather than one!
    Oh, but they will buy a nice new Kia and a caravan.
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    I'd buy a small country... maybe Greece but not sure. I'd have to be PM of course :wink:
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    It was me and it won't change me one bit.

I love my job and wouldn't dream of moving house or buying a new car, bike........

Aye. Right :twisted:

I just hope that the winner/winners do at least a little good with it.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Sadly just 2 numbers for us, so £2.

Maybe a good thing, as I think if I won £168 million, I would be dead within a week...
  • Steve_b77
    Steve_b77 Posts: 1,680
    If it was me (it wasn't as I didn't get a ticket) I'd buy Carlos Tevez and ship him back to Argentina just to shut the whingeing bugger up.

I don't even support Man City, but just for $hits & giggles it'd be worth it.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Offthebackadam said:-
    It'll be someone who reckons that "It won't change my life", who'll buy that nice bungalow at the end of the street, that they've always wanted & then have 2 weeks in Skeggy, rather than one!
    Oh, but they will buy a nice new Kia and a caravan.

Ah, but what bike would they get? that's the important question.
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    A nice Carrera perhaps? :wink::wink::wink:
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    Harley Sportster 48

hmmmm
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    £168 millwion would definitely change my life, indeedy deedy it would ......................... for the better.

I would make sure it did.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • secretsqizz
    secretsqizz Posts: 424
    I'd buy a small country... maybe Greece but not sure. I'd have to be PM of course :wink:
    You've found the quickest way of peeing away 168 mill
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • rhext
    rhext Posts: 1,639
    You've found the quickest way of peeing away 168 mill

I'd get in there quick, there's an offer on at the moment: buy one Greece and get a free Italy!
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Well, it seems it wasn't me

Shame, still it saves me from having to get my resignation letter tattoo'ed on my ar53, which is what I told my boss I'd do if I won, to graphically illustrate where they could put their job :shock:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Diogenes
    Diogenes Posts: 1,628
    Is it you?

Squire, is the castle still serving delicious scones?

D :D
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    dilemna wrote:
    £168 millwion would definitely change my life, indeedy deedy it would ......................... for the better.

I would make sure it did.

Had it have been me I would have signed the lot away and been in hiding by now. Really the wrong time for me to come into anything more than a fiver.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • richard205
    richard205 Posts: 51
    if it had of been you, i'd have gladly took the limelight and 'looked after it' for you....

my price...the interest until you wanted it back.

:twisted:
    Its Italian, its carbon.....and some lanky tool rides it.
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    richard205 wrote:
    if it had of been you, i'd have gladly took the limelight and 'looked after it' for you....

my price...the interest until you wanted it back.

:twisted:

I'm sure you would have had my best *interests* at heart.

One lesson DD has llearnt is that she never lets anyone look after anything until she wants it back because by the time she does it's invariably gone westward bound.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Squire, is the castle still serving delicious scones?

D

Indeed it is Sir, I take it you have personal knowledge?
    I disapprove of what you say but will defend....your right to say it. Francois-Marie Arouet Voltaire08 Cotic Soda-deceased!10 Bianchi 928 c2c23 Marin Nicasio2
  • Diogenes
    Diogenes Posts: 1,628
    Squire, is the castle still serving delicious scones?

D

Indeed it is Sir, I take it you have personal knowledge?

Many moons ago lived near Bridgwater and the castle was a cafe stop. Sitting out the back taking in the view with a monster scone and a cup of tea was very pleasant.

Even took my kids there to see the teddy bear museum.

D :D
  • Lazarus
    Lazarus Posts: 1,426
    I am sad to say that the I have given my close family enough time to phone me to tell me that they have won all that money. If they now phone and offer me a large amount of money I feel that I will have to refuse. I do have my pride :wink:
    A punctured bicycle
    On a hillside desolate
    Will nature make a man of me yet ?
  • Diogenes
    Can tell you are a 'local' as you spelt Bridgwater as it should be.
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    FFS they say they won't move from their current home and aren't big spenders. Shove a £1m my way I'll see it off for you.

Anyone else think they're mad for going public?
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    Anyone else think they're mad for going public?[/quote]

Without a shadow of a doubt, they have taken a huge risk by being known.

They will start too attract alot of unhealthy interest in themselves, Camelot do offer financial advice at there offices in Liverpool, but at the end of the day the final decisions lie with the individuals.

Me personally, not a cat in hells chance! would not even tell the misses! but i would fill my house with all manner of manufacturers bikes so it would then become obvious!

:lol:
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    kev77 wrote:
    Gazzaputt wrote:
    Anyone else think they're mad for going public?

Without a shadow of a doubt, they have taken a huge risk by being known.

They will start too attract alot of unhealthy interest in themselves, Camelot do offer financial advice at there offices in Liverpool, but at the end of the day the final decisions lie with the individuals.

Me personally, not a cat in hells chance! would not even tell the misses! but i would fill my house with all manner of manufacturers bikes so it would then become obvious!

:lol:

FTFY

You buy another house to keep the bikes in.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.