Getting on TV at the Tour - No Spoilers

CyclingBantam
CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
Whilst watching the tour, what is the obsession some people seem to have with being seen on TV? It sometimes seems more people are watching the camera's than the race.

|Fans will have been up a mountain half the day then the first riders arrive and you see people on their phones waiving manically at the camera as the riders go past. They don't even seem to look at them. Its the same with the helichopper, you will see fans with their back to the race waiving away.

What's so great about being seen on the tv? I appreciate looking out for yourself out of interest afterwards but why the hell waste a day, and opportunity to watch the worlds best cyclists by waiving like a goon at a tv camera?

:?

Comments

• rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    theyve all made sure their phones match their shoes which they have bleached to stop them yellowing. Like when on the bike they are more concerned in how they look than anything else :wink:
  • CyclingBantam
    Shouldn't you be concentrating on your cycling instead of being on here?

:P :wink:
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    :lol::lol:

i would be but my rims have cracked from my massive power. i may even get some mismatched colour wheels. :roll:
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    lol, maybe they don't spend the entire day just waiting for cameras. If a camera was in front of you for a short bit, wouldn't you wave?
  • CyclingBantam
    lol, maybe they don't spend the entire day just waiting for cameras. If a camera was in front of you for a short bit, wouldn't you wave?

Not particually but the poinbt is I wouldn't wave whilse ignoring the riders I had gone to see. Very strange phenomenon.
  • OffTheBackAdam
    OffTheBackAdam Posts: 1,869
    Or moon like a couple of blokes were yesterday! (Bet they were British!)
    Remember that you are an Englishman and thus have won first prize in the lottery of life.
  • CyclingBantam
    rake wrote:
    :lol::lol:

i would be but my rims have cracked from my massive power. i may even get some mismatched colour wheels. :roll:

Well you are clearly a fool. Who puts out that much power? You can't look cool if you are trying that hard.

If you ride past me on a climb with your mismatched rims I will be having a good laugh at your expense I can assure you of that (whilst at the time still looking remarkably cool).

:lol:
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    I will shamelessly admit that I got my mum to record the Annecy TT in 2009 in case I was on TV. :oops: During the 7 hrs I was there, only one TV motorbike went past, and that was following Armstrong. When I got home I studied the footage frame-by-frame and can now claim I was on TV with LA. :lol: