The 'WTF?!' thread

Crapaud
Crapaud Posts: 2,483
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
A thread for smallish things that make you go just that bit more than 'Eh?', but don't warrant their own thread.

Was listening to the weather on the radio just now and they said, "Sunny all day, but clouds will be bubbling up later." WTF, 'bubbling up'? Is this management bollox invading the weather now?
A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    Crapaud wrote:
    A thread for smallish things that make you go just that bit more than 'Eh?', but don't warrant their own thread.

Was listening to the weather on the radio just now and they said, "Sunny all day, but clouds will be bubbling up later." WTF, 'bubbling up'? Is this management bollox invading the weather now?

I am sure they do some blue sky thinking too :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    WTF this thread needs more tits.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • WTF this thread needs more tits.

bluetits.jpg

:lol:
  • MountainMonster
    MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
    Crapaud wrote:

The thing that has me saying wtf about that is the sunny all day part with clouds later. How can it be sunny all day with clouds at any point?
  • I always check the weather on my phone when i get up in the morning to see what to wear in the commute....

Always gets me when they have a sun, behind a cloud, with rain and wind....why don't they just say...."We don't really know what it's going to be like today!"
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    The thing that has me saying wtf about that is the sunny all day part with clouds later. How can it be sunny all day with clouds at any point?
    The clouds aren't in front of the sun?

It's sunny here today. It's nice and warm but there are clouds scattered about. Oops, now it isn't so sunny because a cloud has just drifted over! And ... now it is sunny again!

Yeah, I suppose this kind of weather should be described as 'sunny spells' rather than 'sunny'.
  • MountainMonster
    ColinJ wrote:
    The clouds aren't in front of the sun?

It's sunny here today. It's nice and warm but there are clouds scattered about. Oops, now it isn't so sunny because a cloud has just drifted over! And ... now it is sunny again!

Yeah, I suppose this kind of weather should be described as 'sunny spells' rather than 'sunny'.

Sunny all day means no cloud cover. At least to me. I guess sunny in the UK is 5 minutes of sun a day!
  • king_jeffers
    king_jeffers Posts: 694
    ColinJ wrote:
    The clouds aren't in front of the sun?.

Maybe he watches channel 5?

Sorry 90's joke ref :roll:
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    WTF this thread needs more tits.

Straight to the point

-Spider-
  • Stewie Griffin
    Stewie Griffin Posts: 4,330
    I sent some invoices back to a supplier as the VAT was incorrect, he came to our Office today to discuss it with me and he wouldn't believe me that the VAT is wrong. I asked him if he sent me an invoice for £100 in total what would the amount be before the VAT? £80 he said, no it isnt I replied, of course it is you are insulting me, who is your Manager? I want to talk to him now. Okey dokey.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    We used to do "VAT free" promotions to retail customers. Basically we discount the price so the total including VAT is what the total without VAT would have been.
    So with the old 17.5% VAT rate you apply a 14.9% discount to get the right price. We don;t do them any more because of the amount of time spent trying to explain why it's not 17.5% discount or why there is VAT on the invoice.
    A surprising amount of people are not very bright.
  • appletrees
    appletrees Posts: 327
    Office stupidity drives me up the wall.

I've just had a call from my receptionist who had been asked to call me, having been called by someone else in the office to pass a message to me that the photocopier is broken.

I now have to call the copier company. That's three phone calls to resolve the problem when the person who discovered the copier was broken could have just called them and told them the copier was broken, which is what I will now do.

This would have meant only one phone call.

And I'll have to look up the number for the company, whilst they are stood by the broken copier which has the phone number on it. And if I raise it with the individual that made the first phone call, they'll just say it's not part of their job.

What, so your job description specifically requires you to not use your common sense does it?

FFS :roll:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    "A surprising amount of people are not very bright".

And a surprising number of people seem to have mastered maths but not grammar...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    True, must go back and re-read after ammending something.
  • pdstsp
    pdstsp Posts: 1,264
    I had a hospital appointment next thursday. On tuesday of this week the hospital sent somebody round to my house (about 7 miles each way), in a taxi,. to deliver a cancellation and re-appointment letter. This despite the hospital having my home, work and mobile numbers and email address as well as home address. When I queried the need for a taxi I was told that the post is not very reliable. Wtf. Little rant over.
  • MountainMonster
    pdstsp wrote:
    I had a hospital appointment next thursday. On tuesday of this week the hospital sent somebody round to my house (about 7 miles each way), in a taxi,. to deliver a cancellation and re-appointment letter. This despite the hospital having my home, work and mobile numbers and email address as well as home address. When I queried the need for a taxi I was told that the post is not very reliable. Wtf. Little rant over.

Eh, their money not yours, so no worry! At least you didn't show up for an appointment that got changed since post messed up!
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud wrote:

Clouds when the sun's gone down? Eg. nightime ... when it's not day.

All right smart arse, yesterday's wtf?! moment was 'lumps' of cloud.
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • MountainMonster
    Crapaud wrote:
    Crapaud wrote:

Clouds when the sun's gone down? Eg. nightime ... when it's not day.

All right smart ars*, yesterday's wtf?! moment was 'lumps' of cloud.

lol @ lumps! I swaer broadcasters are just making things up now!
  • Crapaud
    There are days, MM, when I wonder if I've woken up in an alternate reality.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,954
    pdstsp wrote:

Eh, their money not yours, so no worry! At least you didn't show up for an appointment that got changed since post messed up!

So where do you think your local hospital gets it's funding from?
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Yes - its our money. You know, the money extorted from us called "taxes".

Anyone wasting our money in this way needs a slap. Definitely WTF.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 Posts: 991
    Don't forget the wages for the person that was sent in the taxi when they could have spent the time doing something more useful.
    To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.
  • ColinJ
    ColinJ Posts: 2,218
    My sister is in charge of settling up our late mother's estate. She phoned an organisation's call centre to close ma's account ...

"Hello, I'm calling on behalf of the late Mrs. J's family. She died over Christmas and we need to close her account."

Call centre drone reading from script: "I'm sorry, you can't do that. Mrs. J will have to phone us herself."

"We would love her to be able to do that, unfortunately, she is dead so she can't!"

"You need to get your mother to ring us."

"SHE IS DEAD! I AM IN CHARGE OF HER ESTATE!!!!"

"I'm sorry, I can't discuss a customer's affairs with a third party ..."

:evil:
  • graham.
    graham. Posts: 862
    A few weeks back our local radio station was reporting on a burst water main.
    Their man reported that the A612 (or whatever it was) was :
    "Flooded in both directions"! :?
    Graham.
  • centimani
    centimani Posts: 467
    I cycled through an industrial estate to see a huge notice board outside an empty unit advertising the fact its vacant and available...it stated the 'sole joint agent' was blah blah Ltd...
    Sole Joint agent ???? WTF !!!
  • Martincan
    Martincan Posts: 188
    lol-cat-oh-my-god-wtf-knock-first1.jpg
    Pain is weakness leaving the body.....I have a lot of weakness!

My Blog: http://ipluswheels.wordpress.com/