Cycle To Work. Halfords Vouchers.

martylaa
martylaa Posts: 147
edited July 2011 in Road buying advice
Cycle to work schemes question, our company sends us Halfords Vouchers to use, however I may want to buy something other than a Boardman, I have heard Halfords can order a bike in for you ( any brand ) Is this true?

Comments

• Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Most brands, yes
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • MattJ88
    MattJ88 Posts: 41
    I had a convo with LBS about this and then in Halfords.

Halfords told me to speak to my employer to get a diff bike in .. they sent me back to Halfords .. bit of confusion!

Also, when asking about warranty, Halfords weren't sure where the warranty would lie on a bike they don't usually sell and said it may go back to whoever supplied the bike to them.

Not saying you will get the same answers if you ask, but that was what I was told yesterday!

I know people who had succcess a year or so ago getting bikes sources from http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/
  • plife
    plife Posts: 97
    Halfords will get most bikes for you. Talk direct to the cycle to work people rather than the store.

Leisure lakes accept them as do some LBS. Sigma Sport and Pearson Cycles also accept them. Normally only on full priced bikes.
    Boardman FS Pro 2010
    Felt F5 2011
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Halfords will get most bikes for you. Talk direct to the cycle to work people rather than the store.

That's the way to do it. I spoke to Halfords in store and they gave me a leaflet on how to go about ordering. From memory, some of the brands on offer were Specialized, Cinelli, Trek and Giant. It was a couple of years ago mind you. :?
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • I'm in the same situation, our C2W scheme had a "special order" number to ring (Halfords) and they told you what to do. They can't get things made by some people - like Ribble, Focus and Planet X, but assuming they can get stuff from other suppliers then they'll do it for you.

Just waiting on my Cube arriving now...
    Twitter: @FunkyMrMagic