Wilier Izoard

brucey72
brucey72 Posts: 1,086
edited July 2011 in Your road bikes
5881112588_d4a0dc9b76.jpg
062 by brucey72, on Flickr

My summer bike:

Frame & Forks: Wilier Izoard 2008 (Large) although I received a brand new frame and forks under warranty in 2009 as there was a problem with the paint in that the white turned a shade of yellow.

Bars: FSA K-Wing 40cm
Stem: ITM Vista
Headset: Ritchey
Bar Tape: Fizk microtech

Front and Rear Shifters: Campag Centaur
Front and Rear Calipers: Campag Centaur

Cables: Campagnolo
Front Mech: Campag Centaur
Rear Mech: Campag Centaur

Seat: Fizik Arione
Seat Post: Ritchey carbon Pro

Chainset: SRAM Red (165mm) 50/34
Chain: Campag Centaur
Cassette: Campag Centaur 12-25
Pedals: Look Keo Sprint
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ (non-ceramic)

Wheels: Mavic R-Sys Premium
Tires: Continental GP4000s (R) and Continental GP Attack (F)

Accessories: Campag Centaur Bottle Cages and Garmin Edge 705

Weight: about 7.4kg based on a crude method of weighing myself with/without carrying the bike

Other info: I have a Sram chainset as I needed a 165mm one following knee replacement surgery earlier this year and there were very few manufacturers who still provide this length and I thought that the black/red colour matched my bike quite well. People have also commented that my shifters are quite low down the bars but I have arthritis in my hands and this is the most comfortable position for me.

Comments

• Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Those R-Sys look the dogs nuts. Almost bought a set of them yesterday (the black wheel n tyre combo version). Its a lovely bike. Everything works well.
  • brucey72
    Thanks, I think you may have been looking at the R-Sys SLR's which come with the exalith (sp?) coating. They do look gorgeous but I couldn't justify spending the extra £300 although I will be buying some of the Mavic tyres when my current ones wear out as they look very 'stealthy' when combined with black wheels.
  • Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    brucey72 wrote:
    Thanks, I think you may have been looking at the R-Sys SLR's which come with the exalith (sp?) coating. They do look gorgeous but I couldn't justify spending the extra £300 although I will be buying some of the Mavic tyres when my current ones wear out as they look very 'stealthy' when combined with black wheels.

Yeah thats the ones. I did actually get a set of the Yksion tyres, but not tried them yet.
  • Lagavulin
    Lagavulin Posts: 1,688
    Very nice! 8)

(somewhat biased :P)
  • geoff93
    geoff93 Posts: 190
    Nice bike, but why the 165mm cranks when your frame is a large?
    Trek Madone 3.5 (RS80s, Arione)
    Trek Madone 3.1 (Upgraded)
    Ribble TT Bike
    Trek Mamba (Garry Fisher Collection)
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Why 165mm cranks? Look under "Other info" in the top post.

Your shfiters are not low, your bars are simply rotated downwards a little bit. Like saddles, a typical starting place for road handle bars is the have the drops parallel to the ground or angled up to 10 degrees or so. Yours are pointed down 5 deg or so. An obeservation. If it works, don't move it, unless you want to experiment with rotating them up a notch.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • brucey72
    Geoff93 wrote:
    Nice bike, but why the 165mm cranks when your frame is a large?

I have had a knee replacement and the bend in my knee is limited to 105 degrees. I was having problems at the top of my pedal stroke because of this so my physio advised me to get some 165mm cranks. They may only be 7.5mm shorter than my previous crank arms but it has made pedalling much more comfortable and people have commented that I no longer 'throw' my leg at the top of my pedal stroke.

@FransJaques - it had never really occurred to me that it was the angle of my bars but on closer inspection of the photo I see what you mean.