When will 2012 Cannondales be available?

Gunnytron
Gunnytron Posts: 30
edited July 2011 in Road buying advice
Any ideas?

I was looking for a used bike but now the interest free path is tempting me.

Would it be silly to buy new now?

What sort of discounts usually apply to the previous years models?

Ta

Comments

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,861
    Gunnytron wrote:
    What sort of discounts usually apply to the previous years models?
    I bought the 2010 SuperSix in late October, with a 33% (£1000) discount. There seemed to be a few tempting deals round then.
  • Gunnytron
    I have found a bike I want with 18% discount. so I guess that's not too bad.

Evans cycles said they are expecting 2012 stock around September but there current stock of Cannondales is already running thin.
  • ozzzyosborn206
    ozzzyosborn206 Posts: 1,340
    i would buy brand new, if you buy second hand chances are you will only have to replace components sooner
  • Gunnytron
    It had crossed my mind. I am also a little concerned about damaged frames. Then there's is a (slight) chance of it being nicked.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Nice thing about a new bike is the warranty, especially if it's got an expensive frame.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    I wouldnt hold my breath waiting
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Eurobike starts on the 31st August and pretty much everything gets launched then if not before.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Gunnytron wrote:
    I have found a bike I want with 18% discount. so I guess that's not too bad.

Evans cycles said they are expecting 2012 stock around September but there current stock of Cannondales is already running thin.

That's BS.

Evans didn't even have 2011 Cannondale Super Six stock until this month. That's why I bought my 2011 Super Six from Primera Sports in Bournemouth.

If you want a Cannondale this century, then do not order it from Evans!