Richmond Park CC - open training ride - Sat 2 July

tyskie
tyskie Posts: 252
Another weekend another chance to go riding with RPCC. As always newcomers are welcome and positively encouraged. Here's what to expect...

:arrow: Meet at Richmond Gate by the white building on the left if you're leaving the park
:arrow: 60-80 mile ride into the Surrey hills
:arrow: 16-18 mph average - 20+ mph on the flat
:arrow: We'll wait at the top of hills to regroup
:arrow: A café stop at the top of Box Hill

8am meet up time.

Who else is around?

Comments

• thebongolian
    thebongolian Posts: 333
    Hope you got a good ride in yesterday - are we on for the 30th for a CCC?
  • Mark73
    Mark73 Posts: 146
    Hello chaps. Good to see you are still doing the RPCC rides. I do check the site fairly regularly to see if you lot are still riding, but I haven't seen any posts recently. Nice to see you are still lurking.

Only had time for a few laps of the park today, first time I have done RP laps in ages! mostly been heading out into Surrey and out over to Essex.

Would love to hook up for a ride in the next few weeks if you are about. Any plans gents?

Ta

Marky
  • tyskie
    tyskie Posts: 252
    Will - I felt like I was dragging a bag of coal around for a lot of the ride especially up the hills. Looking forward to the 30th - just need to get the fitness up a bit in the meantime.

Hi Mark. Not sure what's going on in the next few weeks but I'll either post a thread or PM you if I'm around.

I fancy heading out to the Chilterns next week if anyone else is around. Will just be skirting the edge around Marlow-Christmas Common-Henley.
  • Mark73
    Thanks for that mate. Much appreciated.

Looking forward to heading out with you fella's sometime soon.

Were you thinking of doing the Chiltern ride this Sat/Sun?
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Is anyone planning any rides into Surry this Sunday the 10th?

Me and a friend are looking for a nice group ride to do.

Aim for 9 or 9:30 at RP?

Cheers
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • keyser__soze
    keyser__soze Posts: 2,067
    The missus and I are also looking for something like that this Sunday. Anyone else? RP at 9.30 sounds good - 60 or 70 miles or thereabouts?
    "Mummy Mummy, when will I grow up?"
    "Don't be silly son, you're a bloke, you'll never grow up"
  • Mark73
    Keyser_soze/FransJaques are you guys still thinking of heading out tomorrow. Would be interested in joining you if that's cool?

I am not that good on routes though. Do you guys have a good loop/ride planned?

Would be happy with 60/70 miles. The earlier the better for me but if 9/9.30 is the general consensus the that's cool with me.
  • keyser__soze
    Mark73, if there are a couple more people interested then we'd be up for going out. Not 100% on routes but my girlfriend has an iPhone with cyclemeter - thinking about doing the Olympic route but throw in Leith Hill and Whitedown perhaps and just the one lap on Box Hill?
  • Mark73
    Sounds good. Let me know if you're up for it. If not I will just head out on my own.

Cheers

Mark
  • FransJacques
    I'm in, why don't we aim for 9:15 assembly at Richmond Gate to ensure we're cycling off at 9:30 sharp. Maybe 5 mins earlier if we're all already there.

I'm a not-thin guy on a black Cervelo with a white Giro helmet with a MTB visor on it. Sounds like the riders are:
    - Mark73
    - Keyser Soze
    - Ms. Keyser Soze
    - FJ
    - Ms. FJ (if she doesn't over do it at the pub with the girls ce soir)
    any others?
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • Mark73
    Nice! Sounds like a plan.

I'll be the pasty, white bloke on the black and yellow Cinelli with a black Specialized helmet.

See you at 9.15.

Cheers

Mark
  • FransJacques
    Crap, I think I meant Roehampton Gate, what's closer for you?

Roehampton is closest for me but I can get to Richmond Gate in about 10 mins.
  • keyser__soze
    Either works for us although Richmond Gate is closer. We'll be at Richmond Gate at 9.15 and can drop down to Roehampton Gate/cafe easily enough if that's where we're meeting. I'll be on a black Scott Addict and a white/black/silver Met helmet, and Kate will be on a white Specialized Allez wearing a Kask helmet.
  • Mark73
    Roehampton is certainly closer for me, but should we just stick with the original plan and meet at Richmond Gate at 9.15am?

All agreed?
  • keyser__soze
    FransJacques, Mark73, thanks for a good ride!
  • FransJacques
    Indeed, I passed out on the couch later on watching the Tour, a perfect beginning and start to the day.

I'll post the Garmin trace when I download it at work tomorrow.
  • Mark73
    Lovely ride today folks. Thanks for the navigation skills everyone. By the time I left the park and pulled into my road I had 85 miles on the clock!

Wasn't sure if you had taken a short cut home FransJaques - as we seemed to loose you at the end - so wasn't able to say a proper goodbye.

Good skills all round methinks.

Hope you all had a nice relaxing afternoon. No rest for me unfortunately had a very restless and frustrated 17 month old to entertain. Just what I needed!

See you all soon
  • FransJacques
    Hi Mark73, I made a beeline for home as I had the feeling that the day's stage would be quite dramatic (and how)! So I kinda bolted when we hit Kingston. I'm riding it this weekend, hope it's not rainy.

Trace for the day http://connect.garmin.com/activity/98418163 1200 meters wasn't too killer, next time we'll have to do the full climb up to Coldharbour from the Dorking one-way system, that's a great stretch.

Keyer and Ms Keyser, sorry Ms. Frans didn't come out, she would have liked the pace of the group.

Good times, thanks!