Damn my LBS!

greasedscotsman
greasedscotsman Posts: 6,962
edited July 2011 in The bottom bracket
Just popped into my local bike shop whilst some work was being done on my car, and they had a Specialized Venge, a SL3 in HTC colours and a Cervelo S5! And the SL3 and S5 were both in my size! Managed to escape with my credit card intact...

Comments

• rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    Fail
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • greasedscotsman
    rozzer32 wrote:
    Fail

Them or me? Or both?
  • Aggieboy
    Aggieboy Posts: 3,996
    Weak minded, that's what you are. :lol:
    "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world, t'would be a pity to damage yours."
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,823
    Should have gone to the bank manager after the LBS to show off with your new bikes
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    He should have his credit card taken away if he doesn't know how to use it properly.
  • -spider-
    -spider- Posts: 2,548
    Shocking behaviour.

-Spider-
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    You are going to give the Scottish a reputation for being tight! :) Stop being canny, and get back in that shop.
  • greasedscotsman
    You are going to give the Scottish a reputation for being tight! :) Stop being canny, and get back in that shop.

Err, I'm not Scottish! But I do feel very ashamed of myself. Maybe I should buy all three just to make up for my mistake?
  • greasedscotsman
    Hold on a minute, you don't all work in my LBS?
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Err, I'm not Scottish!

So why do you call yourself greasedscotsman? Do you have a penchat for greased Scotsmen perhaps?
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • greasedscotsman
    unixnerd wrote:
    Err, I'm not Scottish!

So why do you call yourself greasedscotsman? Do you have a penchat for greased Scotsmen perhaps?

Surely if I wanted to attract Scotsmen I'd call myself bag of chips? Or deep fried pizza?
  • Homer J
    Homer J Posts: 920
    Or Heroin
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    or greased. Oh sorry you do. :oops:
  • ademort
    ademort Posts: 1,924
    Just popped into my local bike shop whilst some work was being done on my car, and they had a Specialized Venge, a SL3 in HTC colours and a Cervelo S5! And the SL3 and S5 were both in my size! Managed to escape with my credit card intact...

Are you a Man or a Mouse, Squeak squeak :lol:
    Ademort
    ademort
    Chinarello, record and Mavic Cosmic Sl
    Gazelle Vuelta , veloce
    Giant Defy 4
    Mirage Columbus SL
    Batavus Ventura
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437

Err, I'm not Scottish! But I do feel very ashamed of myself. Maybe I should buy all three just to make up for my mistake?
    You'd buy the SL3 over the SL4? :wink: (it's 19% stiffer and nearly 60g lighter)
  • greasedscotsman
    edited July 2011
    Ands wrote:
    You'd buy the SL3 over the SL4? :wink: (it's 19% stiffer and nearly 60g lighter)

What, I've got to buy an SL4 as well?
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    So what would you have bought if you could have had just one ?
  • Ands
    Ands Posts: 1,437
    Ands wrote:

What, I've got to buy an SL4 as well?[/quote]
    Ah, ok, well if you want the SL3 I can sell you a used one in immaculate condition - then you'll have more money for the Venge. :lol: (The owner of said SL3 went to see the Venge this week after getting a call from his friend at the Concept Store who told him one had just come in. He went down to have a look and has spent the last 5 days drooling. That was until he read about Contador's SL4 yesterday...... Told him he's got to sell the SL3 to fund a new one)
  • greasedscotsman
    So what would you have bought if you could have had just one ?

Probably the Spesh SL3. I don't like the seat cluster on the Cervelo S5, looks terrible IMO. really like the Venge in black, but the SL3 in HTC colours looks fantastic! I might see if they'll cut me a deal with the SL4 out in a few months.

:D