New full sus £1k

uksurvival
uksurvival Posts: 11
edited July 2011 in MTB buying advice
Hi,im looking to buy a full sus through the cycle to work scheme,ive just missed out on a heavily reduce kona dawgma and was just wondering if anyone has seen any clearance/sale full susers around?any help would be great many thanks

Comments

• Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Mongoose Teocali elite ?
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.p ... 1b0s1p2161

Do be aware though that many store offering CTW will not offer you the discounted bike as they have to pay around 10% to finance the purchase. Pauls Cycles will let you have the bike at the said discount but will add 10% back on so compensate for the sale discount.
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What type of riding do you do?
    Presumably you are female.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    cooldad wrote:

Why female ?
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Pudseyp wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Why female ?

Is Adam a girls name?
  • cooldad
    I thought it was the woman spec version of the Dawg.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • uksurvival
    cooldad wrote:

hi my first thoughts were that the dawgma was female but i think its male,my understanding is female konas have 'lisa' in their name?could be wrong though, i'm kind of just getting back into riding so general off road riding at the moment but would like to get something thats going to handle more as my confidence grows
  • uksurvival
    Pudseyp wrote:
    Mongoose Teocali elite ?
    http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/products.p ... 1b0s1p2161

Do be aware though that many store offering CTW will not offer you the discounted bike as they have to pay around 10% to finance the purchase. Pauls Cycles will let you have the bike at the said discount but will add 10% back on so compensate for the sale discount.

thanks for that it looks like just what i'm after, i want a decent bike and really don't care about having the latest model so this seems to fit the bill perfect,thanks for the advice about the 10%,aslong as the price stays under 1k i'm happy,,pauls cycles dosn't appear to be on the list of shops on my scheme (have just emailed scheme to check if anything i can do)
  • uksurvival
    just had email back from my scheme, pauls bikes weren't interested in working with them,bit gutted as they seem to have some great deals on,will keep looking through the shop list ive been given and let you know what i come u with.
  • leaflite
    leaflite Posts: 1,651
    Can you get the bike from halfords? They have some excellent boardman full sussers for around the 1k mark.
  • uksurvival
    leaflite wrote:
    Can you get the bike from halfords? They have some excellent boardman full sussers for around the 1k mark.

unfortunately i can't otherwise i would have snapped one of the boardmans up straightaway,ive got a very long list of local type bike shops to work through,thanks for your help
  • ^^ have heard new stock coming in Sept so hopefully that helps.
    London2Brighton Challange 100k!
    http://www.justgiving.com/broxbourne-runners
  • cooldad
    ^^ Except he can't get one from Halfords on the scheme. Keep up.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • uksurvival
    ok had a look through loads of the shops on my list from the scheme and not many have full sussers available let alone on sale,the list does include decathlon so i was looking at the Rockrider 9.2 201,any one know if these are any good?
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Depending on if you want something a little less bouncy these seem to be mentioned a lot in the mags as decent for the cash

http://www.khsbikes.co.uk/bikes/khs-xc-204

which cycle scheme are you with, theres a link somewhere near the bottom of KHS's page and they are registered with a few of them?
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • nozzac
    nozzac Posts: 408
    uksurvival wrote:
    ok had a look through loads of the shops on my list from the scheme and not many have full sussers available let alone on sale,the list does include decathlon so i was looking at the Rockrider 9.2 201,any one know if these are any good?

Good spec, reasonable weight, looks nice. Sites are selling 100mm versions of that fork alone at £400+ and the shock for £270. Got to be worth a look.
  • uksurvival
    NozzaC wrote:
    uksurvival wrote:

Good spec, reasonable weight, looks nice. Sites are selling 100mm versions of that fork alone at £400+ and the shock for £270. Got to be worth a look.

Thats what im thinking looks great on paper,i think i'm between the rockrider

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/rockrider ... 172065791/

khs
    http://www.khsbikes.co.uk/bikes/khs-xc-204

what do you think?
    and the moongoose salvo comp

http://www.davescycles.co.uk/products.p ... 1b0s1p2208
  • nozzac
    I'm no expert nor have I ridden any of them so it's hard to comment. On paper, in terms of components the Rockrider trounces the KHS and the Mongoose by some margin doesn't it? Especially in the forks and shocks which is one area you can really feel.

The Rockrider appears to be well over specced for £999. The Mongoose seems pretty average in terms of suspension components.
  • uksurvival
    NozzaC wrote:
    I'm no expert nor have I ridden any of them so it's hard to comment. On paper, in terms of components the Rockrider trounces the KHS and the Mongoose by some margin doesn't it? Especially in the forks and shocks which is one area you can really feel.

The Rockrider appears to be well over specced for £999. The Mongoose seems pretty average in terms of suspension components.

Thanks i think im defo leaning towards the rockrider,havn't had a full susser since i was 14 and a £150 saracan so im sure im going to be really happy with the rockrider,jus want some reassurance im not missing something
  • nozzac
    uksurvival wrote:
    NozzaC wrote:

Thanks i think im defo leaning towards the rockrider,havn't had a full susser since i was 14 and a £150 saracan so im sure im going to be really happy with the rockrider,jus want some reassurance im not missing something

If I had a grand I'd be looking seriously at that bike. It looks the biz and the spec is amazing for the money.

As a lowly Rockrider 6.3 owner I'm totally jealous.