Yehuda Moon problem?

Sirius631
Sirius631 Posts: 991
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
Anyone else getting 'Trojan Download' warning for the Yehuda Moon comic site today? Just wanted to do my usual catch-up, but Kapersky is having non of it. :(
To err is human, but to make a real balls up takes a super computer.

Comments

• MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    something to do with the ads it seems. I use adblock anyway so they don't load.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Sirius631 wrote:
    Anyone else getting 'Trojan Download' warning for the Yehuda Moon comic site today? Just wanted to do my usual catch-up, but Kapersky is having non of it. :(
    Is this written in some sort of code?
  • Sirius631 wrote:

You are not Grey Squirrel?
  • Sirius631
    I do have the ad blocker running, but this doesn't usually capture those on the Yehuda Moon site. Their ads don't tend to get up my nose, so I was happy with the usual situation, but there is no way on earth I'm going to bypass a Trojan warning.
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,498
    Sirius631 wrote:
    You are not Grey Squirrel?
    Penguins live in the arctic.
    Have you seen the panda?
  • gbsahne001
    gbsahne001 Posts: 1,973
    edited June 2011
    Sirius631 wrote:

no it's an automated response to using the term ad-blocker, as one word see "adblocker"

when you're using chrome the option is not available in anycase
  • Sirius631
    Sirius631 wrote:

I'm sure there enough people around who can enlighten you to the existance of the Yehuda Moon comic strip. I'd paste the link myself if my internet security software wasn't throwing a fit over it. Basically, Yehuda Moon is a radical bike advocate and the comic strip is an amusing tale of his attempts to paint bike lanes everywhere. (Severly abridged version).

Kapersky - internet security software.

Trojan - nasty, pernicious, worm like, self replicating code that hijacks your computer.
  • Confusedboy
    Confusedboy Posts: 287
    http://www.yehudamoon.com/index.php?date=2011-04-09

A great cartoon, but I too have trouble with the stie, which takes ages-seriously, geological time, anything up to half an hour-to load. My method is to open this forum in a new tab while it is getting on with loading itself.
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    which takes ages-seriously, geological time, anything up to half an hour-to load.

likely because of the ads it is using to pay for the site.
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • gbsahne wrote:
    Sirius631 wrote:

no it's an automated response to using the term ad-blocker, as one word see "**Nobody likes ads but they pay for the site so please have the class not to whine about them**"

when you're using chrome the option is not available in anycase

Tis... https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... kkbiglidom
  • eyko
    eyko Posts: 68
    Great this is all I need 'another' web comic to follow :P
    FCN 7
  • optimisticbiker
    optimisticbiker Posts: 1,657
    Just 'wasted' 2 hours reading this.... :)
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry: