Striking tomorrow? Where are you riding??

tugger
tugger Posts: 122
Personally I'll be doing a loop around Colchester and Chelmsford... Any more naughty strikers? (await scournful reaction, Im prepared)
All about the aggregation of marginal gains (or marginal losses, depending on who you are!!)

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Unfortunatly, however much i agree with the strike action, i cannot afford to loose a days pay. :(

so it will just be my normal commute (on hopefully quieter roads than normal).
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    edited June 2011
    tugger wrote:
    Personally I'll be doing a loop around Colchester and Chelmsford... Any more naughty strikers? (await scournful reaction, Im prepared)

I'm all for the strikes. One, maybe two days every week. Save us a fortune in wage costs. :lol:
  • welkman
    welkman Posts: 396
    60 mile attempt out into suffolk from the clacton area.....shhhh
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    A teacher friend of the wife's has a big shopping trip planned to the Trafford Centre

- obviously low pay & pensions a legitimate grievance to strike about :twisted:
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    Well enjoy your rides... I have to admit a major loss of sympathy when it comes to salaried white collar workers with good pay and conditions or have I again got that wrong and need to publish another internet apology?
  • Slack
    Slack Posts: 326
    So are you saying this is a pee take, gving you the opportunity for a day off?

No sympathy for the strikers. The pension figures simply do not stack up, something has to change. You want your gold plated pensions to continue - well bloody pay for it then!!!
    Plymouthsteve for councillor!!
  • Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    andy_wrx wrote:
    A teacher friend of the wife's has a big shopping trip planned to the Trafford Centre

Trafford Centre?
    I would rather work twice as much for zero money rather than facing the nightmare of Trafford Centre. Worst place I know.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Don't come on here bragging about an extra day off you workshy feckers! My final salary scheme has been stopped and I'm having to pay loads more into the DC scheme that's replaced it in exchange for an indeterminate but almost certainly lower pension.

Welcome to the real world.
  • jackmcd
    jackmcd Posts: 185
    Hope you enjoyed your cycling. Sure you probably saw plenty of exec types out and about who get to cycle every day on extended 'lunch breaks' or 'working from home'. I'd rather my taxes pay to have decent teachers, nurses etc than bail out bankers!
  • Pep
    Pep Posts: 501
    jackmcd wrote:
    I'd rather my taxes pay to have decent teachers, nurses etc than bail out bankers!
    +1

They keep telling us "sorry there simply aren't money to maintain yesterday welfare state...", not sure if true or not, but money to bomb arabs or to bail out failed milionaire bankers can always be found.
    I'd rather pay teacher than bankers, or bombing arabs.
  • rdt
    rdt Posts: 869
    jackmcd wrote:
    I'd rather my taxes pay to have decent teachers, nurses etc than bail out bankers!

The thing is, you don't actually know what you're talking about, and are resorting to cliches.

Gordon Brown did approximately 2 sensible things as Chancellor and then PM:-

1. Blocked Blair's attempt to steer the UK into the Euro;

2. Bravely stepped up to plate, when the UK banking system was around 20 minutes away from collapse, with his plan to have the Treasury fully stand behind the key banks and recapitalise the banking system. If he'd not done so, our banking system would have failed and chaos would've ensued: deposits would have been lost; payment systems would have ceased to operate; commerce would have been largely halted; businesses would have failed en-masse. Following that announcement to recapitalise our banks, other countries quickly followed suit, the result was to prevent a harsh credit crisis and recession from turning into a 2nd Great Depression, or worse.

For all the fella's faults (he was otherwise just a useless bullying half-wit), he got those two big calls right. While the banking crisis could have been handled still better, considering the actions were taken under immense pressure in the midst of crisis, a decent job was done. The costs of the exercise should be largely or more than recovered (depending on the timing) from the sale of the government's stakes in those banks.

There should be more of this off-topic nonsense on the Training board, cos I'm sure everyone just loves to read it. :roll:
  • P_Tucker
    P_Tucker Posts: 1,878
    rdt wrote:
    jackmcd wrote:

The thing is, you don't actually know what you're talking about, and are resorting to cliches.

Gordon Brown did approximately 2 sensible things as Chancellor and then PM:-

1. Blocked Blair's attempt to steer the UK into the Euro;

2. Bravely stepped up to plate, when the UK banking system was around 20 minutes away from collapse, with his plan to have the Treasury fully stand behind the key banks and recapitalise the banking system. If he'd not done so, our banking system would have failed and chaos would've ensued: deposits would have been lost; payment systems would have ceased to operate; commerce would have been largely halted; businesses would have failed en-masse. Following that announcement to recapitalise our banks, other countries quickly followed suit, the result was to prevent a harsh credit crisis and recession from turning into a 2nd Great Depression, or worse.

For all the fella's faults (he was otherwise just a useless bullying half-wit), he got those two big calls right. While the banking crisis could have been handled still better, considering the actions were taken under immense pressure in the midst of crisis, a decent job was done. The costs of the exercise should be largely or more than recovered (depending on the timing) from the sale of the government's stakes in those banks.

There should be more of this off-topic nonsense on the Training board, cos I'm sure everyone just loves to read it. :roll:

Good post. I look forward to the idiot responses. Why don't I start?

DEY TURK EEEER JERBS!

jerbs2-300x225.jpg
  • doyler78
    doyler78 Posts: 1,951
    rdt wrote:

You've fallen into the old arrogant trap that I often see on various forums where you chatise other people for taking topics or sub threads off topic but not before you have fully given your own response. IOW you feel your opinion is more important than anyone else's.

If you needed to make the point then you should simply have used the line quoted and said no more :wink: