Powertap LYC issue

doyler78
doyler78 Posts: 1,951
I'm experiencing an odd problem with my lyc and I'm wondering if it is related to the firmware update that happened a couple of days ago.

Basically if there is more than one ride on the powertap it treats it as one ride ie no gap. It is so good that you can't really even tell from the file where one ride finishes and the new one starts. It's only for the fact tha I usually start a new interval at the start of a new ride that I have a marker.

Happened a couple of days ago but I just put it down to a one off glitch but today exactly the same thing (wasn't on the bike yesterday).

Anybody else experiencing this issue?

Comments

• ajmitchell
    ajmitchell Posts: 203
    Hi,

I have the same problem. i think it requires a certain amount of time without input to close the session. Powertap desperately needs a start-stop button not just an interval button that requires multiple presses. Lets hope the newly announced Joule (2012) will sort this. in the mean time, anyone else help?
  • doyler78
    Yeah. I've been using this for a couple of years now. The gaps can be set in most software however this new problem means that no gaps are being recorded. No problem getting a long enough gap as the vast majority are commute data and they have about 8 hours between rides. I also have other problems now too. The date is reverting from time to time. A curious one as on Wednesday's downloads the morning ride in had the wrong date attached to the ride yet the evening commute home had the correct date and time. I changed neither that day.

It is perhaps concidence that my problems started at exactly the same time as the firmware update but I still think there is an issue. Perhaps mine just didn't install right however you can't seem to force to reinstall of the firmware and Saris have so far not got back to my support ticket and to top it all my powertap has gone back for the 6th time to be fixed. This time they think water has got in the electronics. Only had it back 1 week 4 days :cry:

Fedup with powertap now.
  • doyler78
    Ok Saris has gotten back to me and they initially sent me a troubleshooting email which I hadn't opened as I was watching Murray struggle. Anyway got another email after that which said to ignore it anyway and instead got this response:
    Please ignore the trouble-shooting steps I emailed you earlier this morning. The problems you’re experiencing are a results of an error we discovered in the most recent firmware update. Unfortunately we cannot reverse the firmware update. Therefore, I would like to send you a replacement CPU with unaffected firmware. I will cover the cost of the CPU and the shipping. Please confirm by replying with:

Your full name

Your complete shipping address

Your contact phone number

Upon receiving this information, I will place an order for a new CPU for you. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through this issue together.

Given the above repsonse I would stay away from firmware 7.63 if you haven't downloaded already however I assume they will now have removed the firmware update in any case so it hopefully shouldn't be possible anymore but just in case!!!