Holiday in Lanzarote

cartesr
cartesr Posts: 70
edited July 2011 in Tour & expedition
HI

Im off to Playa Blanca in the South of Lanzarote for 2 weeks in July and im thinking of hiring a road bike while out there, does anybody have any experience of doing this with relation to

Recommended hire shops
Delivery and pick up of bike as I cant seem to locate a bike shop in Playa Blanca
own pedals (do they allow)
attitude of holiday provider, Im staying in an aparthotel with First Choice...do they bother about storing a bike in the apartment

any help and advice would be very appreaciated

many thanks

Steve
I used to do a bit meself you know

Comments

• Trinafour
    Trinafour Posts: 36
    Try Papagayo Bikes in Playa Blanca.

I hired a road bike earlier this year from their Coasta Teguise branch and it was an excellent bike and I had no issues with the service via my initial emails and the personal contact and advise on routes while I was there.

www.papagayobike.com
    Playa Blanca

Tegala street, 13
    Playa Blanca
    Tel: +34 928 349 861
    Tel: +34 606 109 765
  • cartesr
    Hi Many
    thanks for the advise ill drop them an email

cheers
  • Slow1972
    Slow1972 Posts: 362
    Try Renner bike down near where the ferries come in.

http://www.mountainbike-lanzarote.com/l ... a-map.html

Ignore the link name, I've hired road bikes from them twice, both times were well maintained Treks iirc, complete with lock, saddle bag with tool kit and water bottle.

I'd take your own pedals if you run clipless.

Hire rates are reasonable but if you only want to hire for 1 day then hire on Saturday, they are closed on Sun so you return it on Monday morning so get 2 days riding and only pay 1 days hire ;)
  • cartesr
    again many thanks ill take look at the site and thanks for the tip on the hire days :lol: