Mountain Bikeing around Herts???

campbellrae1
campbellrae1 Posts: 182
edited July 2011 in Routes
Hi,

I'm moving down to Ware in Herts in a month or two and was wondering if there was any decent trails around the area? I'm moving down from the Scottish Highlands(being dragged kicking and screaming more like...) and was hoping that there would be something within an hours drive?

I know the North Downs get a good rep but I have never ridden in the area and would be interested in a locals point of view!

Thanks,

Campbell.
Custom spec Scott Scale
Custom spec Salsa Fargo
Custom spec Scott CR1
Scott Speedster S1

Comments

• explosifpete
    explosifpete Posts: 1,327
    Good news is there is more riding to be had than you might thing, bad news is its not gonna anywhere as good as you are used to :(
    I live in essex (just next door to herts) and we have a couple of places that are within an hours drive of you, epping forest, dandbury and hadliegh
    Both epping and danbury require local knowledge ( i can help with danbury) hadliegh is the Olympic mtb course so has to be ok (I hope)
    You should also check out this website for herts based mtb action
    http://www.ottmountainbike.co.uk/

On the bright side at least you wont have to ride up all them pesky Scottish hills :oops:
  • Davy-g
    Davy-g Posts: 401
    There is also broxbourne Woods to take the bike and have a blast, just don't expect any steep downhill runs...
    Jedi from here on the forums has some north shore and the like to ride (at a cost I think) http://www.ukbikeskills.co.uk/

Have fun in Ware... I used to live there in another life... :shock: :shock: :shock: I will be visiting as of the 21st of July and hopefully meeting up with a mate from Hertford who is going to show me around Broxbourne Woods..
  • campbellrae1
    campbellrae1 Posts: 182
    Thanks for the replies!

We move down at the end of August I think, so I've got a few more weeks of riding up here to get in as much as I can before moving!

How long do you reckon it'll take to get to south Wales, weekend away job or do-able in a day?

Sorry for the stupid questions, not been down to the area at all before!

Thanks again,

Campbell.
    Custom spec Scott Scale
    Custom spec Salsa Fargo
    Custom spec Scott CR1
    Scott Speedster S1
  • Davy-g
    Davy-g Posts: 401
    How long do you reckon it'll take to get to south Wales, weekend away job or do-able in a day?.

about 4-4:30 hours depending on traffic and where about's you are going to