GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc Hydro 2011

rh_brom
rh_brom Posts: 4
edited July 2011 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

Have just purchased one of these bikes but am a bit suspicious about one or two components. Can anyone who has purchased exactly this model mountain bike confirm the type of pedal and the rear mech that came as standard.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What did you get and what were you expecting.
    Specs often differ a bit.
    normally says something in the small print
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • rh_brom
    Nothing major, got the crappiest looking plastic pedals and was expecting metal GT branded items. Some specs say Deore rear mech, got an Alivio.

Rich
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Pedals are normally rubbish on new bikes, if they even supply them in the first place.
    Alivio probably fitted as 8 speed, and current Deore is considered 9 speed, even though it makes little difference.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    see the Halfords terms and conditions of sale , something along the lines of item is subject to change to what is advertised.
    You can go in tomorrow and buy the same bike and it could have a different spec.
  • kaytronika
    kaytronika Posts: 580
    Avalanche won't be Halfords.

The last GT I got had metal cage, but ultimately poor quality pedals. I put some pointlessly colourful Wellgo pinned flatties on for about £15.

http://www.discountcyclesdirect.co.uk/p ... s_id=11088 - this listing says Alivio 8 speed, but does mention the GT pedals.
    --
    '09 Carrera Fury
    '94 GT Timberline FS
    '89 Saracen Tufftrax
  • rh_brom
    Thanks for the replies. It looks like there is a lot of variation between bikes of the same model. Mine has V3 forks and Auriga Comp brakes (if it makes any difference!). I guess I will just spend the cash and get some pedals that don't look like they belong on a bike sold by Tesco's!

Thanks

Rich
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Have some Outland pedals for sale, they did sell on ebay buy buyer never paid 9and the second chance offer wasn't taken up either!) so packaged ready to go, white to contrast with your frame, £8 delivered (paypal gift) PM if your interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEUSX:IT or item No 270771268044 if the link doesn't work!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • rybu
    rybu Posts: 84
    I used to have a gt 3.0 hyro till November last year when it got nicked from my shed.

It had very cheap wellgo pedals (DONT KNOW MODEL NUMBER) and Alivio rear derauller. It had Suntour forks, beleive xcr or xcm. I got it from sunsetmtb.

Hope the above helps??

Ryan