Midgies you are s**t

Graeme_aberdeen
Graeme_aberdeen Posts: 156
edited July 2011 in The Crudcatcher
I would like to take a large smoke gun to all Scottish midgies..

went for a long ride in the forrest tuesday evening and am now covered in bites!

That will teach me not to wear 50% deet or Avon skin so soft.....

*scratch scratch.......more scratch .mmmm blood scratch* KILL!!!
I like bike, bike is bike.

Comments

• MissBint37
    MissBint37 Posts: 1,503
    Yup, I got eaten alive Tuesday evening too round Derwent and Ladybower. So the English ones are just as bad!!!
    Ride it like you stole it!
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    I would like to take a large smoke gun to all Scottish midgies..

went for a long ride in the forrest tuesday evening and am now covered in bites!

That will teach me not to wear 50% deet or Avon skin so soft.....

*scratch scratch.......more scratch .mmmm blood scratch* KILL!!!

RCO-9530_d.jpg

No more scratching, just netted bliss.
  • jimmyp1873
    jimmyp1873 Posts: 120
    i know the feeling, i went for a quick blast round kirkhill woods one night, found some 2 year old skin so soft in the van, covered everywhere apart from my legs and boy did i suffer that night. My legs were just a mass of bites...
    only when you stare death in the face do you feel most alive
  • jimmyp1873
    jimmyp1873 Posts: 120
    i know the feeling, i went for a quick blast round kirkhill woods one night, found some 2 year old skin so soft in the van, covered everywhere apart from my legs and boy did i suffer that night. My legs were just a mass of bites...
    only when you stare death in the face do you feel most alive
  • Early one morning in the Rothiemurchus forest near Aviemore - kecks down to lay a steamer - need I go on...
  • cee
    cee Posts: 4,553
    MissBint37 wrote:
    Yup, I got eaten alive Tuesday evening too round Derwent and Ladybower. So the English ones are just as bad!!!

No way jose......

an individual english midge is just as bad as an individual scottish midge....

but the scottish midge attacks in hordes!

Just take an antihistamine before going out....and the bites won't 'dot' so much.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Am I the only one who clicked on here expecting a rant about midgets
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • aye it's like clan midge up here! barstewards!!! I resemble a chicken pox victim X 10.

off home to have a cold shower and put some amonia on them.....it's insane..!!!
  • Cferg
    Cferg Posts: 347
    I got attacked by mosquitoes last week, my arms and legs were covered in huge red blotches. Skin so soft was put on this week as the mdigies were also out in hordes, not sure that it does anything against mozzies tho.
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498
    Gazlar wrote:

^^ + potato
  • wee Jimmy Crankie rides on the back of Midgies
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    The trick is to take someone with you riding who is more tender to them than you.. works a treat muhahaha
  • The trick is to take someone with you riding who is more tender to them than you.. works a treat muhahaha

are you taking corpses with you? lol they bite a warm human body most times ;)
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Gazlar wrote:
    WeeMan wrote:
    And what do YOU have against midgets? Other than the fact it's easier for us to look up a girl's skirt than it is for you go get one off...
  • Thewaylander
    Thewaylander Posts: 8,594
    The trick is to take someone with you riding who is more tender to them than you.. works a treat muhahaha

are you taking corpses with you? lol they bite a warm human body most times ;)

no my house mate, 14 stone of meat for them eat, they seem to prefer him to me :p
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar wrote:
    WeeMan wrote:
    And what do YOU have against midgets? Other than the fact it's easier for us to look up a girl's skirt than it is for you go get one off...

The only think I have against Midgets is my pint, against the top of their head

Midgets are ok though as they are all in proportion, dwarves are the problem as they have unproportionately short arms and legs, meaning they can't wipe their owne @rse, unless they have a rag on a stick. thats how you tell the difference between a midget and a dwarf, a dwarf smells of sh1t.
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • I've just had to run the cold shower over my calves! nice nice nice cold water.. you are my friend and I love you. except in the sea when my plums go elsewhere.
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    14 stone of meat

thats like my dick.
  • Peter88
    Peter88 Posts: 50
    I have to cream up and cover my arms and legs if riding in the evenings because i have an allergic reaction to the chemical midgies use to numb the pain off their bites, I also take apiriton tablet each day between march and October to try and build up some resistance to their bites.

Last time i forgot to cover up i was off work ill for 4 days :(
  • Ryan Jones
    Ryan Jones Posts: 775
    I don't complain, they're a great excuse for all them dodgy scabs that keep appearing on the japside, naturism for the win :lol:
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Ryan Jones wrote:
    japside

what is a japside?
  • Gazlar
    Ryan Jones wrote:
    japside

what is a japside?

Its one of the hoods here in Wolvo, we go' eastside innit, ma westside massiv and then the hanging out japside, bluud
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I don't think Piriton will build up your resistance, if anything, it will make a bad reaction worse, if you become reliant on it.