Newbie with a new Cube Attention

sgreeneggsandham
sgreeneggsandham Posts: 8
edited July 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Just thought I would post a picture of my new Cube Attention. I'm totally new to mountain biking but having only had the bike a week I'm definitely hooked!

Anyway here it is...

photo.jpg
2011 Blue/White Cube Attention

Comments

• baconater
    baconater Posts: 72
    first bit of adivce, buy some new pedals, makes the world of difference
    Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, Today is a Gift, Thats why it's called the Present

so im grabbing my bike and going for a ride
  • Which pedals? Bigger? Smaller? or do you mean clipped in?
  • Squarepants
    Squarepants Posts: 1,019
    Baconater wrote:
    first bit of adivce, buy some new pedals, makes the world of difference

+cotton bud

Really do make a huge difference to confidence when moving around the cockpit. Which pedals is a subjective question but I like flats; DMR V8s have always served me well, but others will have other advice.

Nice CUBE though :D you may want to heli tape it if you want to protect the frame or at least do the areas where the cable rub against the frame, nice frame that..
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
    It's not that I'm over over biked, my bike is under personed...
  • Nice CUBE though you may want to heli tape it if you want to protect the frame or at least do the areas where the cable rub against the frame, nice frame that.

Heli tape???

Sorry I am a real newbie.
  • Squarepants
    heli tape = clear polyurethane tape that can be cut to the shape of the bike, mainly downtube, chain stay i.e. the rear triangle of the bike where the drop outs for the wheel axle etc are (especially on the drive side where the chain can slap against the frame and chip the coating).

Where you put it/how far you go is up to you but at a minimum I'd do the above areas including where the gear/brake cables rub up against the frame (visually inspect the frame and see where the cables make contact) and tape them up. Remember it's impossible to go back once an area has been abrased/chipped but a little prep can protect your frame for as long as you have it an potentially increase re-sale value

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Helicopter-Bike-F ... 1862wt_905

Take it easy

vk_smiley_thumbs_up.gif

EDIT: I see you've got a chainstay protector, still good practice to tape the chain stay
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Ahhhh makes sense.

Thanks for the reply
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Nice for a first bike...enjoy !!! :D
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • Squarepants
    Any news on the CUBE?
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • Well I have just popped back on here to find out what the name of those pedals were you have so I can look into ordering some. I don't know what colour to go for though?

I'm after a cheap wireless computer too, any recommendations?
  • xand_xand
    xand_xand Posts: 271
    Welcome to the happy cube owners club
    MY CUBE
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12785430

Cube ltd race 2011.....enjoying the grt outdoors no matter the weather (except snow I just can't move in the snow)!
  • fat_homer
    fat_homer Posts: 470
    Cube's FTW :D

Love the colour scheme, looks great!
  • Thanks for the comments guys! Loving it!
  • Squarepants
    annoying when it gets dirty huh :?

:lol:
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR
  • annoying when it gets dirty huh :?

:lol:

Yeah it sure is. What cleaning spray do you recommend? And I take it I should use a different cleaning agent on the brakes to the chainset? I just didn't want to go and buy 5 different bottles if I don't have to.
  • Squarepants
    I'm a Muc-Off fan myself. I use the normal muc-off pink cleaner for chain, cassette, rest of the bike and use (specific) muc-off brake disc cleaner on the brakes and pads.

it's not the end of the world then if you overspray the pink onto the brakes as it's not a lubricant

Does the job for me :D

p.s. don't expect the pink muc-off stuff to last long :?

EDIT: I keep thinking of additional info. It's not neccessary to clean your brakes regularly with the disc cleaner. Only if they become contaminated somehow, I've had oil from my hubs run down on to the discs before now; d'oh :roll:

The pink muc-off won't effect your brakes adversely (99% sure of that fact) so don't worry about getting it on your breakes post ride; wont do any harm.
    Cube Hanzz Pro FR