Ladybower

Paiomino
Paiomino Posts: 18
edited July 2011 in Routes
has anyone recently had a blast around ladybower? thnking of going there next friday. does anyone know if its easy to get to from Hope railway station?

Comments

• shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    Hi,

From Hope station to Ashopton (where the A57 road bridge crosses the Ladybower reservoir) is about 4.5 miles by road.

From the station, I'd suggest taking the minor country roads via Aston & Thornhill.
  • altern_8
    altern_8 Posts: 1,562
    Or ride into Hope its self and start/fin the ride from there,and maybe do this route.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    As said just pick up any BW from Hope to get you up to the Roman Road then do the bit's of the Ladybower loops you fancy and then choose a different BW to drop back into Hope 8)
    Drop to the main road from Hope station,go left then first right up hill under the railway bridge and take the 3rd left up to Edge Farm(signed BW to Win Hill) then when you top out you have loads of options 8)
  • Paiomino
    Paiomino Posts: 18
    cheers for the replies. looking forward to getting out there.

i really should learn to drive, finding decent spot to ride that i can get to via rail is difficult
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Paiomino wrote:

i really should learn to drive, finding decent spot to ride that i can get to via rail is difficult
    Plenty of options from Edale station as well 8)
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    ibbo68 wrote:
    Paiomino wrote:

Plenty of options from Edale station as well 8)

More options from Edale than from Hope, in my opinion... but it's just splitting hairs really :)