SLR's. Bike looks less complicated and less super turbo

Or just get rid of those honking big decals on the Zipps
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    edited June 2011
    Get some newer black and white Zipp decals and keep the Zipps
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    The Mavics suit that bike brilliantly. I wouldn't worry about the performance unless I was competing on it, and even if that were the case, the Zipps would be a worry unless I had some shallower spares to hand for windy days.
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Keep the ones that suit your riding...

And at a guess if you are leaving yourself with just one set of wheels the Mavic ones will be better all rounders over the whole year.

I love my cosmics, though, but only on calm summer days when I can roll fast and flat. I'd keep my kysiriums over them with a heavy heart but with the knowledge I'd done the sensible thing.

If you don't ride much, and it is a summer bike, keep the ones you like best! Form over fuction is down to what YOU like - ask for views and you'll get a spilt and will only ignore the outcome if you don't like it...
  • foggymike
    foggymike Posts: 862
    The Mavics suit the bike better IMHO - they look perfect on there. Personally I'd be looking at speed, comfort, reliability etc as well but on looks the Mavics win by a mile :)
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I'm not sure why you're asking others, don't you know which ones you prefer?

Which ones feel better for your style of riding? Does it really come down to aesthetics?
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    Zipps will be faster, given they have a cassette :wink:

The SLRs are v. tasty IMO.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Eyon
    Eyon Posts: 623
    change decals on the zipps. Deep dish wheels always look cooler but the massive red stripe really clashes with the green and yellow
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    I'll give you £300 for the ZIpps if it helps ;)