Carrera Blast 24" - what do you reckon?

lawson_m20
lawson_m20 Posts: 97
edited June 2011 in MTB buying advice
Hi there

My 7 year old is rapidly growing out of his much-loved 20" Revolution Cairn and I've spotted these on offer @ £200.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... PDPz1#dtab

What do you think? It's the only bike I've seen at this price with disc (cable) brakes... they are in stock locally so we will pop out later on.....

Cheers

Comments

• nozzac
    nozzac Posts: 408
    Not sure if disk brakes would be an important factor for a 7 year old to be honest.

My son has the 20" Carrera Blast and it's a good bike - reasonably light, decent quality components. The twist grip shifters are pretty stiff for small hands especially when they get slippy when it rains. Other than that it's proven to be a good buy. It's much nicer than the crappy supermarket or other budget bikes but not stupidly expensive like some adult MTB brands made for kids.
  • lawson_m20
    thanks Nozzac - I'm thinking that the disc brakes would come in handy for when the rims get wet/muddy!
  • The Spiderman
    The Spiderman Posts: 5,625
    I have been looking at these for my eight year old.I reckon its a good bike,compared to the likes of the more expensive Specialized Hotrock.Discs means that buckled wheels are less of an issue...... :lol:
    2006 Giant XTC
    2010 Giant Defy Advanced
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
    2016 Pinnacle Lithium 4
    2017 Canondale Supersix Evo
  • lawson_m20
    Very true, my son takes pleasure out of hitting kerbs head on at full speed! :shock: his front wheel rubs at least twice on the way round!