WOW, Can this be real?

Unclemonty121
Unclemonty121 Posts: 205
edited July 2011 in Road beginners
Ok, so I am not in the looking for a new bike at the moment, but just got and email from Decathlon - you know the normal marketing thing, but focused on bikes.

They are advertising this;

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/btwin-facet-3-175387571/#

Surely this has to be a great offer, from what I can read, a Full Carbon Fibre bike with 105 for less than £900?

I might well be missing something but surely in terms of value for money it beats Boardman and Planet X - not sure about quality but normally Decathlon are good.

I have no links to decathlon, well a loyalty card, but that's it, but I was just shocked at what they are offering! :o
Look 675 Light Di2
Boardman Pro C winter hack
Cannondale Prophet
Decathlon Hub geared City bike

Comments

• danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    It (or one like it) was reviewed in C+ this month, seemed a pretty decent, if a bit dated, machine.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    It's not the BEST looking bike (plus it appears to be a triple). For my money, I'd still rather have a Boardman (assuming you can still get one for around a grand?).

And Planet X provide really good value bikes that ALSO look good!
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Pokerface wrote:
    It's not the BEST looking bike (plus it appears to be a triple). For my money, I'd still rather have a Boardman (assuming you can still get one for around a grand?).

And Planet X provide really good value bikes that ALSO look good!

Ah but do Boardman and Planet X makes bikes with "powerful tubes"?

Btw Planet X Sl Pro is seriously fugly.
    More problems but still living....
  • I think it is a triple, and as you can see I did go for the Boardman, :lol:

and the equivalent sram equipped one is £1200, I was just outstanded at the price.
    Look 675 Light Di2
    Boardman Pro C winter hack
    Cannondale Prophet
    Decathlon Hub geared City bike
  • springtide9
    springtide9 Posts: 1,731
    amaferanga wrote:
    Btw Planet X Sl Pro is seriously fugly.

LOL... I'm fond of my SL :)

I wouldn't call it ugly... plain maybe.. but sometimes plain means it isn't going to look dated in a year or so :)
    Simon
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    Its a good bike for £900 - check carefully though - I don't think its a full 105 gruppo - think the brakes are badged decathlon with 105 shifters - that doesn't make it a bad bike imo.

The boardmans I think are now £1299 - not such a good deal as the £999 - they were last year
  • Andyw85
    Andyw85 Posts: 16
    I have the SRAM equipped facet 5 ther one up from that at £1200.. and I absolutely love it...
    It has full SRAM Rival grpset, prologo saddle look keo pedals and weighs in at 7.6kg very very impreesed :D

The facet 3 (the £900 one) doesnt have full 105 it has what i was told rebranded tektro brakes.

I love my facet 5 and its based on the frame a pro team was riding upto a couple seasons ago aparently.

Andy.
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    i might be speaking out of turn here but i stood on the crank on one of those decathlon bikes and it seemed pretty flexible, as did the lateral movement of the forks when i grasped the handlebars. id rather have a decent aluminium frame were my overiding thoughts.