rivvy riding

downhill disciples
edited July 2011 in MTB rides
hello fellow riders, anybody wanting to join a ride around rivvy midweek after 7ish (after the kids are in bed)? were a small bunch of riders not new to riding but well out of practice, were using rivvy as our local trail to build up the stamina then once a month hitting a long route to see if any of the training is working????nothing serious guys just a ride and a laugh and a few hours out in the wilderness!! new ideas and routes openly welcome??

Comments

• Redmans
    Redmans Posts: 44
    Hello mate would definately be interested in organising a ride I havent been over to rivvy in years. Trying to rebuild my fitness as well let me know when you guys are going for a blast from what I can remember there isnt that many routes on rivvy but maybe things have changed. :D
    Marin Mount Vision Beast
    Fave rides : 7 staines rock Afan,Coedy,Swinley,Penmachno,Snowdon.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Redmans wrote:
    Hello mate would definitely be interested in organising a ride I havent been over to rivvy in years. Trying to rebuild my fitness as well let me know when you guys are going for a blast from what I can remember there isnt that many routes on rivvy but maybe things have changed. :D

Isnt Berkshire a bit of a drive to go for a quick blast round the west Pennines :?
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Redmans
    Ha ive moved recently just havent updated my profile.... im in west lancs, went to stavely last week and just done llandegla, going to the seven staines next week then il be back doin a few local routes at rivvy and the peaks if anyone wants to join us. :wink:
    Marin Mount Vision Beast
  • There's 3 of us going up to Glentress and Innerliethin next weekend. Where you going to?
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Redmans
    Hey Fungus just got back from the staines, We done dalbeattie red n black ,kirroughtree red n black, AE line red, stopped off on the way home and done both the loops of the altura trail at winlatter. We done all in 3 days legs are absolutely dead gunna try and get to rivvy one night after work next week if anybody knows there way around or would like to ride let me know. :twisted:
    Marin Mount Vision Beast
  • mith150176
    mith150176 Posts: 41
    whens the nxt outing,i could be up for that,i live in leigh,what about u?also do u know any 1 who's doing the xc race at leigh quarry nxt weekend?
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    mith150176 wrote:
    whens the nxt outing,i could be up for that,i live in leigh,what about u?also do u know any 1 who's doing the xc race at leigh quarry nxt weekend?

Another Leyther here, where do you ride and what? Not going upto Lee Quarry at the weekend but maybe drivig across to Llangollen for the national downhill champs
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?
  • mith150176
    mith150176 Posts: 41
    its matt fairclough,i believe we've already met!
    are u going up to glentress again any time soon?
  • Muttly1981
    Muttly1981 Posts: 815
    mith150176 wrote:
    its matt fairclough,i believe we've already met!
    are u going up to glentress again any time soon?

Welcome to the world of bike radar then will show you thepictues of Glentress the next time your in the pub. We're looking at heading back up to one of the stains in early september, i swear you'd love it.
    What if your dreams and fears existed in the same place? What if to get to heaven, you had to brave hell? What if everything you've ever wanted cost you everything you've ever achieved? Would you still go there?