Brechfa

Deepunder
Deepunder Posts: 145
edited July 2011 in Routes
Few of us heading to Brechfa for a weekend end July. Will be camping at

http://www.bigfreeguide.com/camping/det ... /1587.html

Not heard any recommends but its cheap at £8/night per person,not too far from trails, pub less than mile away, they allow BBQ's etc

Never ridden Brechfa so interested in how best to split the two days and trails? day one Gorlech day 2 Raven? and is there much scope to hunt out hidden single track or will the two main trails entertain enough. Hear there is a food bus near by, worth a go or take own food? Any other tips for us virgins or even recommends for a better day 2 ride near to Brechfa?

Comments

• Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    I went last Saturday for the first time and rode the red Gorlech trail and the black Raven trail and loved them both.
    There seemed to be plenty of other tracks around so no doubt there are some hidden tracks somewhere.
    I didn't see a food bus but I was told the local pub in the village is mtb friendly.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Do the blue run, easy but great fun.
    Gorlech is really good. Raven take it or leave it.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    cooldad wrote:
    Do the blue run, easy but great fun.
    Gorlech is really good. Raven take it or leave it.

Interesting how evferyone views these differently.... I really didn't rate the blue as it felt all back to front (and yes, I did ride it the right way :lol: ), find the red too BMXy for my taste but loved the Raven 8)

They are all worth riding, if only to form your own opinion on what you like / don't like!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Obviously I am a big wimp.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Deepunder
    Deepunder Posts: 145
    Cheers guys/girls

Interesting...I'll have to try em' then all if our legs are up to it, we have weekend so plenty of time. First two day riding trip for a long time so looking forward to it