GoPro Experience

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited June 2011 in MTB buying advice
I like the quality of footage that my GoPro gives but I'm beginning to get fed up with some of the other "aspects" of ownership.

Today it decided to switch to TV mode - something it's supposed to do only when plugged into the TV lead. Nothing on the GoPro site about this - in fact there's almost nothing about anything on the GoPro site. Fortunately the web is a great place and I found the solution in a YouTube comment.

I decided to contact GoPro who said that it was likely a fault so if I'd be so kind as to pop it into the post - to California!

The other issue is the mounts. They're simply not stiff enough so there's plenty of camera shake. Added to which, until you absolutely heave on the tightening screws, the joints slip and you find the camera looking at the floor or the sky.

This is pretty disappointing for such an expensive camera.

Any other owner views?
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    Mine's awesome thanks.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Briggo wrote:
    Mine's awesome thanks.

I (honestly) hope it stays that way. I'd have been a lot happier with mine before I got the TV issue then realised how poor GoPro's support is.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    Mine is and has been superb; no problems.

Re the mounts, just rub some sandpaper gently on the facing parts of the mounts. It scores the surface enough to make the mounts very solid.
  • Paulkingk
    Paulkingk Posts: 689
    I just got a ride hero mount and it is the most stable mount I have used, I use mine loads with no probs, the camera never slips when i'm riding either,