Am I in Crisis?

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited July 2011 in Commuting chat
I think I am in Crisis.....

After recognizing a colleagues ringtone as the beginning few lines of a tune by Pharoahe Monch called Simon Says....

I have just bought the entire Wu Tang back catalogue and the soundtrack to: The Wire.

Am I too old to be doing that, at 36? I've gone all gangster....I'm from bl00dy Herefordshire?!

I was supposed to be downloading some Peppa pig for my daughter to watch on a flight......

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    I went through a similar phase, only for my housemate to come in, saying "yeah, about your tune choices. Normally I don't mind but you're making this place sound like a crackhouse".
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    I say kudos for recognising Simon Says. 36 is also the perfect age to be.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

technically, the sample is from the old Japanese Godzilla movies....but my colleague is quite cool, so I did not nerd him out with that fact.......Just nerded you lot out!
  • I just hope I'm as hip as you guys when I get to your age.... :wink:
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • EKE_38BPM
    I think we are equally nerdy.

• d87heaven
    d87heaven Posts: 348
    You'll be getting chased by the ghetto bird next.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,623
    Unless you have just purchased a convertable Jag and some shades which looked pretty good on Fernando Alonso, you cannot claim to be in any form of a crisis.
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    I always feel a little weird playing rap\hip-hop in my VW Passat Estate car...just doesn't seem right.
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • EKE_38BPM
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    I always feel a little weird playing rap\hip-hop in my VW Passat Estate car...just doesn't seem right.
    Leaning to the side,
    But you can't speed through.

Two miles an hour,
    So everybody sees you (unless you are driving a VW Passat Estate)

• FoldingJoe
    EKE_38BPM wrote:
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    Leaning to the side,
    But you can't speed through.

Two miles an hour,
    So everybody sees you (unless you are driving a VW Passat Estate)

:)

Indeed. Should I be listening to Bryan Ferry instead of some 'old skool' 2Pac or Aim.

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • EKE_38BPM
    FoldingJoe wrote:
    Indeed. Should I be listening to Bryan Ferry instead of some 'old skool' 2Pac or Aim.

I've had Loyal To The Game from the Above The Rim soundtrack stuck in my head recently.

• Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    gtvlusso wrote:
    I have just bought the entire Wu Tang back catalogue and the soundtrack to: The Wire.

Am I too old to be doing that, at 36? I've gone all gangster....I'm from bl00dy Herefordshire?!

Just remember - if you walk in the garden - you'd better watch your back. :wink:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • FoldingJoe
    Nice track.

Old album, but this always stays in the car and is probably the most played album on the iPhone.

Probably favourite track on the album

Aim - The Force

• greg66_tri_v2.0
    greg66_tri_v2.0 Posts: 7,172
    gtvlusso wrote:

After recognizing a colleagues ringtone as the beginning few lines of a tune by Pharoahe Monch called Simon Says....

I was supposed to be downloading some Peppa pig for my daughter to watch on a flight......

I've heard of The Wire. And Peppa pig.

What the fuck is the rest of that all about though? I
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    I've heard of the Wu Tang Clan (sadly none of their 78s though) and I have a VW Passat (classic motor - 15 yr old TDi) mostly held together with bits of wire. Who the blimming heck is Peppa Pig?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • EKE_38BPM
    Greg66 wrote:
    gtvlusso wrote:

I've heard of The Wire. And Peppa pig.

What the fark is the rest of that all about though? I

Wu Tang Clan ain't nuttin to fuck wit!

• bdave262000
    bdave262000 Posts: 270
    I've heard of the Wu Tang Clan (sadly none of their 78s though) and I have a VW Passat (classic motor - 15 yr old TDi) mostly held together with bits of wire. Who the blimming heck is Peppa Pig?

Peppa pig was once a crack whore who was brought up on the streets, after turning her back on a life of crime she has become a popular role model for our youth. She also loves muddy puddles.
    Fat lads take longer to stop.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    My ringtone is the intro to Babylon's Burning by The Ruts, sirens and guitars so I tend to hear it. Phone went off in the marketing office yesterday, young girl asked me why I had the Fireman Sam music for a ringtone. Oh the shame...
  • MonkeyMonster
    MonkeyMonster Posts: 4,628
    gtvlusso wrote:
    EKE_38BPM wrote:

technically, the sample is from the old Japanese Godzilla movies....but my colleague is quite cool, so I did not nerd him out with that fact.......Just nerded you lot out!

I know exactly the song now - it's a brilliant bit and classic example of a ninja tune from a fairly standard (IMHO) band. it's fine, just mix it back in with the peppa pig and see how the little one likes it :D

edit: oh and gravel pit :D

http://open.spotify.com/track/1XMc4FzFFgjQFVmIMvEvWX
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • moonio
    moonio Posts: 802
    Haha i remember buying a Wu's album after hearing Gravel Pit...oh dear..

Apparently members of the Wu used to hang out in Penzance, Cornwall, there was a heavy underground hip-hop scene there around 2004 and rappers like the Wu's and Gang Star used to hang out in Cornwall as they liked it so much...so u have much in common with the ghetto bumpkins gtv