Got a bulge in my...

cloggsy
cloggsy Posts: 243
edited June 2011 in Commuting general
Rear tyre :cry:

Dunno why :roll:

Looks like I'm going to have to shell out for a new tyre and tube...

I've done 855 miles on the stock tyres though (Continental Ultra Sports.)

Bummer :(

Comments

• raymondo60
    raymondo60 Posts: 735
    That's 'cause you're riding so fast Cloggsy - you're probably exceeding the speed rating!!
    Raymondo

"Let's just all be really careful out there folks!"
  • cloggsy
    Raymondo60 wrote:
    That's 'cause you're riding so fast Cloggsy - you're probably exceeding the speed rating!!

:lol:

I think not...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Its the G-forces due to the rotational speed, you've probably exceeded 50g, plus the traction forces from the power of your awesome quads.......

WTB Slickasaurus, bought use, done 1200miles - plenty of life left!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cloggsy
    I've changed the tyre and tube tonight, so all is well again. The tube was fine, it was the tyre which was damaged (again, who knows why,) so that has been binned!
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Weak tyre wall...are you riding at high psi? I was ok at 90-100 for ages then thought that 120 was a good idea :roll: . Until the side wall split. Now have reverted to sensible commuting pressures. Oh and a new set of tyres.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • cloggsy
    Weak tyre wall...are you riding at high psi? I was ok at 90-100 for ages then thought that 120 was a good idea :roll: . Until the side wall split. Now have reverted to sensible commuting pressures. Oh and a new set of tyres.

Not excessive; 110psi front and rear!
  • nwallace
    nwallace Posts: 1,465
    Been through 3 rear tyres in 5000km
    Schwalbe Blizzard, Square after 1500km took it to 2000km with carcass showing :?
    Conti Ultra Sport, Square after 1500km
    Conti Ultra Race, yep Square after 1500km

95 to 100kg of weight sitting on the saddle for all of that.
    Do Nellyphants count?

Commuter: FCN 9
    Cheapo Roadie: FCN 5
    Off Road: FCN 11

+1 when I don't get round to shaving for x days