rear mech cable routing on a Anthem X

Darra8
Darra8 Posts: 721
edited June 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi Guys,

I have just built up an Anthem X frameset and wondered if I have correctly routed the cable for the rear mech? It's kicking out a little, towards the crank, which although isn't catching anything, is still annoying me.

Have I done it correctly?

Thanks,

Steve

IMG_1348.jpg
40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    both look a bit long and need to move back though the zip tie a bit as when the suspension works it will get dragged over the rocker.

700_anthem_x_ltd.jpg
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • ianm7222
    ianm7222 Posts: 51
    My Anthem X came with the cable looking the same as your installation, but it did drag over the rocker and the tighter bend in the cable caused some friction when shifting too. I shortened it down quite a bit, which straightened the run of cable and made shifting a little easer too (think of the weight saving of 30 mm of cable Mr single front ring :-) ).

I went a little shorter than the pic posted by nicklouse with no issue, but remember to check that the cable is okay as it cycles through the travel.

Full outer next for me though as I am getting fed up of muck getting into the cable on the seat stays
    I'm very responsible, whenever anything bad happens they always say I am responsible.....
  • anjs
    anjs Posts: 486
    Watch out for rub on the cable where it goes through the zip tie as well
  • Darra8
    Darra8 Posts: 721
    ianm7222 wrote:
    (think of the weight saving of 30 mm of cable Mr single front ring :-) )

25LBS all in..... :wink:
    40 year old pussy who "still" hates the thought of falling off!!