Stolen all-yellow Brompton M6 - serial number 320877

charles@cockburn.biz
edited June 2011 in Road stolen
Hi Guys,

The beautiful all yellow Brompton (serial number 320877) bought by friends, family and neighbours for my 60th was lifted from the boot of my car (no, it wasn't in view), parked in Putney SW London, sometime between the evening of Tues 17 and Thurs 19 May. It is nearly new (Dec 2010).

All of you know that when you get a new car, suddenly the road is full of that model and colour. I find it is the same with bikes. Once I started cycling on the Brompton, it seemed that Bromptons are everywhere. However, I have yet to spot an all yellow one. It is the colour that makes it quite distinctive, along with the three inch front wheel hub dynamo and the six gears. The mudguards are chrome and there is no rear carrier.

There is a dealer's sticker on it - East Street Bikes, Farnham, Surrey - just below the handle bars and just above the first folding hinge. The tyres are Schwalbe Marathons and the suspension block is marked "Firm".

Please help me get it back - I really miss it. If you spot it, please can you call the police or let me know - 07970 541419. There is a reward for its safe recovery.

These bikes are not cheap - if you see a new one being sold cheaply, be suspicious.

Thanks for your help.

Charles

Comments

• poolboy
    poolboy Posts: 69
    theres a yellow Brompton on Gumtree today, central London. Seems genuine though but worth getting in touch as yellow is v rare.