Gios A90

hondicusp
hondicusp Posts: 168
edited June 2011 in Your road bikes
Had this one about 5 years now but it only comes out when the weather's nice. Bit of understated Italian deliciousness.
Gios A90, Reynolds Ouzo Pro, Mavic Cosmic Carbone, Chorus groupset, Easton bars, Cinelli stem, Magma MG saddle. Hope you like
IMG_6873.jpg
[/img][/quote]

Comments

• Avanti Roman
    Avanti Roman Posts: 189
    Gorgeous - actually even nicer than your Guerciotti I'd say!
    Ribble Gran Fondo
    Boardman CX Team
    Trek 8000
    Sirrus framed 'special'

Prev: Avanti Corsa, Routens, MBK TT, homemade TT bike, Trek 990, Vitus 979 x 2, Peugeot Roubaix & er..Raleigh Arena!
  • FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Oh my God that is absolutely stunning. It's got it all:

- No spacers under a black stem: Like DeRosa, Gios HTs are a bit more generous than the norm to allow mere mortals to slam the stem all the way down with such a deadly-looking result!
    - Horizontal TT: I don't care either way, both look good, but this is for sure a well executed horizontal TT. What helps is the balance of the tubes in the main trianlge in terms of size and shaping. The teardrop TT is killer in the way it tilts the 'Gios' up towards your eye.
    - Campy Alu crank: It's not an old bike but already a classic so the slender silver spider & arms just look the nuts. Reminds me of Boonen in his heyday on his Time. I remember that he preferred the square taper alu cranks b/c they were stiffer in his view than the new UT at the time.
    - Blue Elite cages: are there any other kind?

Is she for sale? Reason I ask is that in the early 90s I had a steel Gios with 8 speed non-STI DA which was sadly lifted off me after only 3 months. I miss it. It had the sliding dropouts.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • hondicusp
    hondicusp Posts: 168
    Thanks for the nice comments guys, glad you like it FransJacques. It really is lovely in the flesh, really nice smooth welds and the move-able rear dropouts etc
    IMG_6867.jpg

IMG_6866.jpg

There are some more photos of it in my photobucket album if you want to look at some detail shots

http://s1115.photobucket.com/albums/k55 ... ios%20A90/

It's not for sale at the mo' but if I ever decide to I'll give you the heads up
  • mididoctors
    mididoctors Posts: 16,776
    bike
    "If I was a 38 year old man, I definitely wouldn't be riding a bright yellow bike with Hello Kitty disc wheels, put it that way. What we're witnessing here is the world's most high profile mid-life crisis" Afx237vi Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm
  • Zachariah
    Zachariah Posts: 782
    Very pleasing to the eye.