LORICA

yenrod
yenrod Posts: 135
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
I just read this;

http://www.loricasud.com/english/english/lorica.asp

Turns out this is the stuff Sidi use on their shoes...as do SMP saddles too.

And its isnt real leather !!!! surprised me a bit has that bit of news...
[;)] 'tuono nel mio cuore...[:)]

Comments

• MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Nope, Lorica is an artificial leather, which actually performs better than leather in a lot of applications.

Sidi etc, don't hide this, they do tell you that it's made of Lorica. After all, if Lorica was leather, it would be called leather.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • yenrod
    MattC59 wrote:
    Nope, Lorica is an artificial leather, which actually performs better than leather in a lot of applications.

Sidi etc, don't hide this, they do tell you that it's made of Lorica. After all, if Lorica was leather, it would be called leather.

Matt i'm not doubting your knowledge on this subject..I, back in 95 discovered this material, when I bought some Sidi Tecno shoes which remain my best ever shoes ive ever owned, stil have, them in fact.

I was just letting people know about a material thats quite a great 'invention'...and the company that make it.

:wink:
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    yenrod wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

Matt i'm not doubting your knowledge on this subject..I, back in 95 discovered this material, when I bought some Sidi Tecno shoes which remain my best ever shoes ive ever owned, stil have, them in fact.

I was just letting people know about a material thats quite a great 'invention'...and the company that make it.

I seeee :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • yenrod
    MattC59 wrote:
    yenrod wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:

I seeee :D

Dont worry, Son !!
  • skyd0g
    skyd0g Posts: 2,540
    ...so, where do they breed these Lorica cows then?
    ...it's be reeeel cool if ya cud a breed 'em in all the colors of tha rainbow!

I fancy me a bright red Lorica cow t' match ma saddle! :wink:

/<jethro mode>
    Cycling weakly