Protect and serve or protect and sever?

t.m.h.n.e.t
t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
edited June 2011 in The bottom bracket
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... e-car.html

I had to laugh at some of the comments. One thinks we should start paying road tax and insurance which funnily enough, with 3 cars in this household I think we contribute our fair share,While another attempts to suggest that cyclists cut her up? No cyclist unless a)a total idiot with a deathwish or b)having smoked 1kg of weed would even attempt to take on upwards of a ton of metal,it's sheer lunacy.
Some of you need to open your eyes,the vast majority of cyclists do own other forms of transport.

May I also point out that "road tax" hasn't existed since 1937, it is "vehicle exise duty" as there is no direct relationship between owning a car and government spending on road maintenance. Therefore,your "road tax" can actually be used to erect speed cameras,install bicycle lanes(ya know those often green things with a little man on a bike in them?) or install sky hooks to hold whatever planet most of you came from within oxygen sources.

Get a grip..

Comments

• bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    The Daily Mail makes me sad!
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • shouldbeinbed
    shouldbeinbed Posts: 2,660
    The daily mail helps keep my bottom clean & that improves the content of the page
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    Who actually reads the daily fail anyways? I don't think I've ever met someone who does, but maybe that's because I subconsciously avoid these kind of people.
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    PeteMadoc wrote:
    Who actually reads the daily fail anyways? I don't think I've ever met someone who does, but maybe that's because I subconsciously avoid these kind of people.
    I admit,I do and I'm a horrible person for it :lol:
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Some of you need to open your eyes,the vast majority of cyclists do own other forms of transport.

May I also point out that "road tax" hasn't existed since 1937, it is "vehicle exise duty" as there is no direct relationship between owning a car and government spending on road maintenance. Therefore,your "road tax" can actually be used to erect speed cameras,install bicycle lanes(ya know those often green things with a little man on a bike in them?) or install sky hooks to hold whatever planet most of you came from within oxygen sources.

Get a grip..

A better argument these days is to say that you would be quite happy to pay the 'tax', which, as zero emissions vehicle, will cost you £0.00.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    RichN95 wrote:

Get a grip..

A better argument these days is to say that you would be quite happy to pay the 'tax', which, as zero emissions vehicle, will cost you £0.00.
    I never thought of it that way :D