Nevis Red

noppy
noppy Posts: 181
edited June 2011 in Routes
Hi,

next tuesday im heading up to the hebrides, on the way up im stopping around fortwilliam. The plan is walk Nevis and also to do Nevis Red and possibly a couple of others.
Me and my gf will be riding together and i might tag onto another group if i see a black route.

So basically im posting on here for handy hints and tips :)
the usual trails we do are in the Forest of Dean and Penmachno and Marin

Bikes:
mine: Specialized SJ FSR elite 04
Gf: Schwinn Moab LX hardtail

Iv already starting servicing them ready got a new BB in the post Shock Oil new DU bushes

Any advise much appreciated
But a Biking and Fishing holiday is scotland hasnt got many downsides :D

Comments

• nonnac85
    nonnac85 Posts: 1,608
    the red is pretty hard - more like a black
    damn good fun though!!
    My Website - Trail Centre info for the UK: MTB Trail Time
  • x3man
    x3man Posts: 85
    Agree with that. The Nevis Red is harder than the "red" label suggests. It's mainly downhill over some very rocky terrain with plenty of steep sections. It's a great ride if you're comfortable with that sort of sustained descending though.
  • Wallace1492
    Wallace1492 Posts: 3,707
    Might see you in the Hebrides. Me and a mate leaving next Friday and cycling to Durness via Barra, the Uists and Benbecula.

Remember your waterproofs and your full midge kit.
    "Encyclopaedia is a fetish for very small bicycles"
  • noppy
    noppy Posts: 181
    Im fine on the rough stuff its just my gf but we will have a nosey and see how it goes there plenty of tracks to choose from. I will tag along with a random group if the misses doesnt fancy it.

Il be on lewis for 2 weeks the misses parents moved up there last year not very good for mtbing good for roadies though :)

Waterproofs iv always found lewis fairly dry but i guess when it rains it really does. Midge spray doesnt work but atleast it distracts you as te midges bite :P

the only black ive done was MBR at coyd y brenin (sp?) and i loved it. the misses did it aswell and really enjoyed it.

the northshore looks wicked fun iv only had a go on little snippets of the stuff.

Bikes are all ready